Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rembrance

November again - Remembrance time, 11/11

Attached Files Image(s)

Well noticed. (Or, setup). Ed.

To each his own!

Set up ? You might say so - I couldn't possibly comment.

Recently I have been buying what now are cheap Pentax manual lenses to adapt for use in my Fuji X-E1 body. The picture above was taken with a 28-80mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom in RAW format, processed in Photoshop Elements 12.

Another on the same theme - an intensely personal picture - my late father is the one on the left. How things have changed in a 100 years !

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Dan,

Well, thanks to the Stirling efforts of your father and his brothers in arms, we were victorious. He was therefore a man who deserved great respect, as did they all. Little wonder then, that the enemy used to refer to the Scottish regiments as being "the ladies from hell". My regret is that I cannot thank all these men and women personally for the multitude of sacrifices they made for our country. It is a shame though, that governments over the past 45 years have seen fit to give away most of those hard fought for freedoms and privileges to the ghastly, corrupt and unaccountable EU. Our parents generation must be turning in their graves.

Very best regards.

Phil.

K.O.S.B. - King's Own Scottish Borderers. He survived to beget me in 1942.

Number 108151, Pte. Mitchell, D

(Nov 4, 2015, 13:06)danmdan Wrote:  Another on the same theme - an intensely personal picture - my late father is the one on the left. How things have changed in a 100 years !

We shall remember them! regards, John.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nice job on the picture restoration John.

(Nov 8, 2015, 09:31)EnglishBob Wrote:  Very nice job on the picture restoration John.

Thanks for your kind reply, couldn't resist the picture on the Eve of rememberance Sunday, not really a restorer just teaching myself on other peoples pictures and I'm an even worse photographer, but, very interested, regards, John.

(Nov 7, 2015, 16:47)hoobaloo Wrote:  
(Nov 4, 2015, 13:06)danmdan Wrote:  Another on the same theme - an intensely personal picture - my late father is the one on the left. How things have changed in a 100 years !

We shall remember them! regards, John.

Thanks for the clean-up. The original has yellowed a lot in the 100 years.

Dan.

Some great photos !