Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New today, Neil from Swindon. Looking forward to learning a thing or two.

Welcome Neil. Tell us a bit about your photography.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

I love anything to do with the countryside and wildlife. I have a real passion for Small Villages & their churches. Not the most experienced man around but close to being the most enthusiastic. ..... No Camera Club in the village so I started one, been going for ten months and doing so very well. Holding our very first competition on 19th January, hard work to get hold of a judge but have now managed it.

Welcome Neil. Keep the good work up with the Club. Enjoy.
Regards, Mike.

Welcome, looking good, Merry Xmas. Ed.

To each his own!

(Dec 21, 2015, 13:57)Browser Mike Wrote:  Welcome Neil. Keep the good work up with the Club. Enjoy.
Regards, Mike.

Thank you Mike. I can't work out how to send a new post or photo, I must be a biut thick!

(Dec 21, 2015, 13:57)Browser Mike Wrote:  Welcome Neil. Keep the good work up with the Club. Enjoy.
Regards, Mike.

Thank you Mike. I can't work out how to send a new post or photo, I must be a bit thick!

You have to click the NEW REPLY button. That gives you extended options.
Then it is just a case of Choose file, Add Attachment and then Inset Into Post. If you then Preview Post you will see post with a marker for the image. If you are happy then click Post Reply.
It is nice if you give the exposure details with the image. Saves us all hunting for them!
I set all mine to a max size of 916 pixels. That is the max size the site posts and any larger is scaled down. Large files also take time to load, especially if, like me, you have rubbish broadband!!

For a new thread go back to appropriate sub menu and click New Thread button at top RH side.

(Dec 22, 2015, 04:44)Jocko Wrote:  You have to click the NEW REPLY button. That gives you extended options.
Then it is just a case of Choose file, Add Attachment and then Inset Into Post. If you then Preview Post you will see post with a marker for the image. If you are happy then click Post Reply.
It is nice if you give the exposure details with the image. Saves us all hunting for them!
I set all mine to a max size of 916 pixels. That is the max size the site posts and any larger is scaled down. Large files also take time to load, especially if, like me, you have rubbish broadband!!

Thank you Joko, will give it a try

(Dec 22, 2015, 05:41)Neilblkrex Wrote:  
(Dec 22, 2015, 04:44)Jocko Wrote:  You have to click the NEW REPLY button. That gives you extended options.

Thank you Joko, will give it a try

Sorry Joko It's got me beat, nothing like a normal upload where you just open the image, it's calling for a Remote URL where do I find that? this may all be beyond my 82 Year old brain

Are the images you are after on your computer on on a photo website like Photobucket?

Think I know what you are doing. See this screenshot.

(Dec 22, 2015, 06:29)Jocko Wrote:  Think I know what you are doing. See this screenshot.

Give it a shot then Jocko

Thought I would start with this one, I was lucky to catch this before the whole scene had thawed out.

Taken at f8 1/250 ISO 400

Attached Files Image(s)

Lovely image. Almost like a montage of two different shots.

I've had a few say that Jocko, but no ! it's perfectly genuine. When I first arrived the whole scene was frozen, I walked off and took a few photos elsewhere and on returning noticed the change and saw the shot.

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to meet you and what a beautiful photo! Thanks for joining us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I didn't for one minute think it was anything other than genuine. It shows the difference between a good shot and a great shot. All frozen would only be a good shot.

Welcome Neil. You have posted a wonderful scene, and it is clearly well-timed and well-photographed! I really enjoy taking and viewing photos of rivers and canals, and their boats, bridges, and lock gates.

Cheers.
Philip

(Dec 22, 2015, 09:44)Jocko Wrote:  I didn't for one minute think it was anything other than genuine. It shows the difference between a good shot and a great shot. All frozen would only be a good shot.

I know you didn't Jocko any experienced man would not think so but it was said at an exhibition a week or two back, and that really peed me off.

Hello Neil,

Welcome to the forum, which if you don't keep a tight discipline on yourself, can and does get addictive!! Smile You're not a million miles from me as I'm in Gloucester. Oh, it's a beautiful picture, you should be proud of it.

Have a wonderful time this Christmas.

Best regards.

Phil.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Apr 3, 2019, 00:00