Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alone

Hope you don't mind to talk about this one. I know it is a lot of see pictures but it is the material I have now and I am still working with it.

As always, thanks a lot for your comments Smile

[Image: alone.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

This is really lovely and a perfect example of breaking the rules - the standard rule of composition says to have your subject centered 1/3 into the photo - but in this one - the dead center composition works perfectly! Beautiful depth of field/exposure and the magenta sky color looks like Velvia. I like the fact that whatever is on the distant shore is framed by the branches. I like everything about this one.

I like the shot, but I think you can get great detail if you used flash.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

For me this is a technically good photo, but the subject is lacking. It's akin to taking a wonderfully sharp photo of a coke bottle, perfect DOF etc, but in the end, it's not really interesting to look at.

Either that, or maybe vertical composition would have provided more of the subject to look at.

On the technical side, I agree with Peto -- can't see the details on the grain, and a tinge too dark.

Toad: Thanks a lot for your comment... I really like it as well.

Petographer: Well, yes I think I forgot just to try with the flash... I think I have 20 of them with differet settings... to be sure I got it sharp... fool of me the fist one was the right one....

Anyway, the question here is... Don't you think that it might look odd that the sky is cloudy at dusk and I have a perfectly bright subject? Do you suggest the flash to work better with the picture later?

Let me know what you think please? Smile

Shuttertalk: Ouch! That hurt! However, thanks.

Paul Cezanne

Ooops, sorry if that was a bit harsh... just trying to post objectively/constructively -- i.e. photo critique Big Grin

I really love the photos you've been posting recently. Keep up the good work! Big Grin

Irma, flash would basically eliminate shadows. Depending on how intense you have it.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Yes, I understand now. Thanks a lot.. Smile

Paul Cezanne

I agree with Pet and shutter on your picture Irma.

It needs light to enhance the detail in the grass, however the composition is not interesting enough for me to appreciate the time you put in. The idea is there, but the subject matter is not grasping enoug for me.

PS, I really liked your candle work.

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Actually, I think a crop on the right side of the frame to just right of the grass would make it more interesting, like the grass formed part of the frame.

[Image: grassa.jpg]

or even

[Image: grassb.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

@Jerry: Thanks for your comment, I will find out how to make possible this idea... I have seen similar pictures and are beautiful... and I want to have one Smile As you said, the idea is there I just need to make it work Smile

@Don: You are right, it looks better a little tighter... Thanks Don! Smile

Paul Cezanne