Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

past few days... [warning: image intensive]

These photographs are from the past few days, friday, Saturday and Sunday (today)
Most of the photographs shown here are from Saturday and Sunday where I had to leave the house at 4:30 in the morning, but it was all worth it! Hoping to go again some time this week.
It's been a while since I've been out shooting with friends! On Saturday, we went to Matilda bay to catch the sunrise, and then South Perth, then to Perth City; Sunday, we went to South Perth to catch the sunrise and then to Kings Park.
This is in photo showcase section, because I'm showcasing some of my images, (I may add more later), but feel free to comment and critique; (I was deciding whether to put this in critique or showcase section, so now it's here). Some of these I've posted before into the 'photoshop' section, but putting it here again, since it's my showcase Tongue
You may realise that different borders were used, I hope it's not too distracting, but I was experimenting with the two different borders Smile

All handheld except the first one, my tripod is irritating me, it won't stay in place, so time to get a new one!

Here:

#1[Image: ARGH%20DUST%20ON%20CMOS.jpg]
Sunrise from Matilda Bay

#2[Image: south%20perth%20footpath.jpg]
Footpath at South Perth

#3[Image: the%20path%20continues.jpg]
Another footpath at South Perth

#4[Image: under%20the%20bridge.jpg]
Under the bridge (the narrows bridge)

#5[Image: bw%20pelican.jpg]
Pelican in Swan River while Sun is rising!

#6[Image: sunrise%20seagull.jpg]
Seagull flying while Sun is rising!

#7[Image: swan%20brewery.jpg]
The Swan Brewery

#8[Image: waterfall1.jpg]
Waterfall at Kings Park

#9[Image: waterfall2.jpg]
Waterfall at Kings Park 2

#10[Image: lorikeet01a.jpg]
Lorikeet in tree!

#11[Image: lorikeet02.jpg]
Two Lorikeets in tree!

#12[Image: ugly%20ducklings.jpg]
Ugly Ducklings Tongue

#13[Image: duck1.jpg]
Quack

#14[Image: duck2.jpg]
Quack 2

#15[Image: protecting%20secrets.jpg]
Bird protecting secrets!

#16[Image: pink%20bird%20-%20small.jpg]
Two birds, one standing behind the other, not on top!

#17[Image: shout.jpg]
Statue outside art gallery, shouting!

I may add more later;
Based on these photographs, when people ask what I "shoot most of", what category would you put these under?

Adam, this is a beautiful collection of pictures! I can't even make up my mind as to which one I like more. I only wish I'd be able to bring home so many keepers from a single excursion.

adam Wrote:Based on these photographs, when people ask what I "shoot most of", what category would you put these under?

Well, I'd put this under "nature", roughly. Bit vague, I know. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Hi Adam

Niiice stuff in here...but here is what u need to look for next time. your horizon must not be on the dead center. show a bit more sky or ground. Also if you have a fast lens use it. in some of the pixs you do not need so much dof. so if you can go to F2.8 much better.

My favorite is number 4. is great.

Take care

Christian

Thanks Christian! I'll look out for the dead centre horizon and try to avoid it next time.
A problem I found to have a lot was a horizon which was not dead horizontal Tongue it was hard to put it straight, even when it looks straight, after I take the picture, I realise it isn't.
The fastest lens I have is the 50mm f/1.8 II, I'll take that out and use it a bit next time as well Smile For most of my shots, I stopped the lens down, because I wanted a larger depth of field (and also the lens is supposed to be sharper when stopped down a bit?)
I'll try shooting with larger aperture next time also then, for shallower depth of field

Thanks

Absolutely awesome collection of shots, adam! It would have been easier to comment if you had split them up into smaller numbers though, as I'm overwhelmed! Big Grin

My favourites are #4 (unique perspective under the bridge) and also #9 -- the lone lorikeet. By the way, there are 2 #9's Big Grin

ahahaha!~!! true!!! there are two #9!!!! no wonder I seemed one short!!!! I'll edit the post and renumber then! Big Grin

haha!
Here's another one...
[Image: rainbow.jpg]
I really should clone out the people and sign in the back... or at least blur them
Sprinklers which make rainbows!

Good stuff! 4 and 9 are my favorites.

Great collections, can't pick just one.

Awesone collection. Hard to critique any really. I'd have to agree with the centering of the horizon though. In the last shot I wouldn't clone the people out but rather the sign that is in the shot. Too bad the sprinkler is on there.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by snaphappy
Dec 5, 2014, 10:03