Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rock Pass

Need some pointers on this...

Now that is a bit bigger image to work on, but we would appreciate a bit bigger still. Make the long side at least 1400 pixels. Really, all I have done is open up the shadows a bit, cloned the slight overhang off the LH cliff face (which I found distracting) and added a little sharpening.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

You might consider shifting the emphasis to the scene through the pass, by taking a small crop off the right, darkening the rocks, and using contrast adjustments to bring out the structure in the sea.

Cheers.
Philip

Going good Wes, see your camera is 24M pxls, so should be top class. Assume you are set for highest quality, are you shooting RAW, jpg, or both, what size of file is the original jpg. How do you re size them for the Forum, they should be 3/4 times larger. No point in posting akin to the other 2 pics, totally different approach. Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

I agree the edit looks good,thanks for tips...Wes

I am in RAW now just trying it out,using software that came with camera...Wes

Have you looked a the now free, NIK Collection, MAC usable, you should be getting better results than you post show. Ed.

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

To each his own!

Thanks Ed, I will look at that...Wes

Wes, I did this in about 3 mts, using NIK software, never used it previous, did not read Inst, there are Written & Video tutorials on the download page fantastic value!! Download, and get stuck in. Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Hi Wes,
There is also available, free of charge, Nikon Capture NX-D. Designed for Raw, but can also be used for jpeg. It exactly replicates your D3300.
Available for download at : nikonimglib.com/ncnxd

Cheers, Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

(Apr 16, 2016, 08:10)Browser Mike Wrote:  Hi Wes,
There is also available, free of charge, Nikon Capture NX-D. Designed for Raw, but can also be used for jpeg. It exactly replicates your D3300.
Available for download at : nikonimglib.com/ncnxd

Cheers, Mike.
Thanks Mike...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 10, 2016, 04:22
Last Post by delb0y
Apr 13, 2016, 12:40
Last Post by Browser Mike
Apr 5, 2016, 08:30