Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi there

I have had a camera since childhood, and now I'm retired I have a really good DSLR (my average to good 35mm is still in the house. Somewhere). My results vary from OK to Oh Dear, with the occasional Fantastic, and I hope to get less of the Oh Dear as I get to used to it more. Time will tell. Angel

Welcome Alan, from another retiree. What type of subject matter do you photograph? I have a Nikon D80, what type of DSLR do you yourself use?

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

(Apr 25, 2016, 06:29)Jocko Wrote:  Welcome Alan, from another retiree. What type of subject matter do you photograph? I have a Nikon D80, what type of DSLR do you yourself use?

Thanks Jocko.
I have usually gone for landscapes, and have lately taken to wildlife shots. They do tend to mix anyway. The latter I would like to get better, the opportunities I now have are quite good. A pity my reactions are not that good, but I have got what I was looking for some of the time.

Welcome Alan. I know that you will enjoy yourself on this site. There are many very good and experienced exponents of the art on site. All are willing to offer advice and help in any way that they can. Enjoy.
Regards,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Hello Alan,

Welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here! Make yourself right at home here in the forums!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Welcome to Shuttertalk Smile

Welcome to a super site. Ed.

To each his own!

Welcome from trying hard to retire! the missus has other ideas.Undecided

SmileJohn

Hello Alan,
Welcome here Smile Its totally ok to experience all kinds of effect from ok to oh God! The more you will have that experience the more you will be able to be perfect.