Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Postprandial.

Another from my Birds of Prey folder. In this one I have attempted to achieve a more 'Natural' look.
Nikon D3300 + Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USD VC.
Processed from Raw in Lightroom CC. AP, 1/800 @ f/5.6, ISO 200, 450mm equivalent.
Comments welcome.
Cheers, Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Only thing I would do different is a tighter crop for less background at the LH edge.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Hi Mike, the crop is needed, also,get's rid of the dark blob.
I also Lens blurred the background, on the old Laptop I am trying, it appeared to prominent/eye catching.
How did you blur, natural, or post processing. Also sharpened to bring out the detail you have captured well. Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Hi John and Ed.
The crop does improve the shot . Good suggestion. As for background blur, that is natural. In fact I have no idea how to lens blur in Lightroom.
Originally, I did sharpen more. However I found that it introduced a white line around the beak and tended to make the feathers appear hard and needle like. Since my intent was to achieve a natural look I reduced the amount and so returned the feathers to soft and down like. Perhaps I have reduced too much but I felt that it was about right.
Thanks Guys,
Mike

Henri Cartier - Bresson.

No Lightroom knowledge Mike, but in P/S under Filters, are two choices, Unsharp Mask, strange name! and, Smart Sharpen. I am trying the latter, getting good vibrations, is a bit complex, to me worth learning. I used it on your pic. Lens Blur, is also under Filters, Blur, Lens Blur. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

It is not a feature of Lightroom. That is why I use both programs.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Thanks Ed. As you may have guessed my little grey cells have been working overtime to absorb Lightroom. So far I have not ventured into Photoshop. Thanks for the info. I will keep it on file for future reference
Cheers, Mike.

Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Thanks John. That will save me from searching for something that is not there.
Cheers, Mike.

Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Never thought of that. Ed

PS. You took Latin at school?

To each his own!

Latin ?. Oh yes. Still remember trawling through Caesar's Gallic Wars and Ovidian poets..
Mike

Henri Cartier - Bresson.