Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Freestyle MX

Taken last weekend at the Goodwood GAS arena this is one of many shots of the freestyle MX boys performing their tricks. Canon 5D3 70-200 f2.8 l ISO 100 f8.0 1/1000 @70mm.

RAW to the core.

Brilliant.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Cracker, at 70mm you were close. Ed.

To each his own!

Thank you gentlemen, the Guys were coming up a ramp about 12 ft from me, so yes nice and close to the action.

Pete

RAW to the core.

Hi Eddy,

A brilliant photograph, but, at 12 feet away, it would be too dangerous for my liking. I suppose that as someone gets older, we get more cautious with the way in which we view the activities taking place around us. That being said, it doesn't detract from this being a brilliant photograph. Well done Eddy. 10/10.

Regards.

Phil.

Amazing capture, Pete. Did you have to do much processing of the image to make this super photograph?

Cheers.
Philip

(Jul 2, 2016, 13:52)MrB Wrote:  Amazing capture, Pete. Did you have to do much processing of the image to make this super photograph?

Cheers.
Philip
Hi Philip all the usual things you have to do to a RAW file, which tend to be very flat when uploaded, this type of shot which has a very bright sky a colorful but darker subject that is moving, is problematic in as much as a landscape would be with a bright sky and dark foreground, but because of the moving subject it is not possible to use an nd grad, fill flash could be the answer but as yet I have not tried this option, so getting back to post processing (in lightroom) I will crop pull back the highlights, pull up the shadows, add some clarity, and possibly some contrast, then if required lift the exposure slightly to get back to where I was before adding clarity and contrast, then the last thing is to assess noise and add luminance reduction if needed.
This is not a long process just a few clicks and slider drags, hope this helps.

Pete

RAW to the core.

Thank you Pete.

Cheers.
Philip