Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

July competition

Am I the only one who cannot see the July competition or has it not been listed yet?
Jane

Hi Jane,
No, you are not the only one. Everything is somewhat chaotic at the moment. Site is being ' upgraded ' to make it more acceptable to mobile phone users. Appears that DSLR's are going out of fashion.
Cheers, Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

I think the update it is more for people VIEWING THE SITE using mobile phones and tablets. Not the format the images are gathered.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Thanks for the reply Mike and John. We will wait and see if it comes on, if not I'll just keep practising Smile

Jane

(Jul 10, 2016, 16:39)Browser Mike Wrote:  Hi Jane,
No, you are not the only one. Everything is somewhat chaotic at the moment. Site is being ' upgraded ' to make it more acceptable to mobile phone users. Appears that DSLR's are going out of fashion.
Cheers, Mike.
I expect the DSLR will be with us for a long while to come, but all that mirror slap is just camera vibration which we don't want for resolution reasons, and in some situations the noise is disruptive to the setting.

All of which makes me laugh that you can set you iphone camera to send a mirror slap noise out the loud speakers so you know the capture has occurred.

The future is unknowable, but always interesting.

Ahh - Let me check on this to see if I posted one. If not thanks for the reminder!

I have had a crazy ten days - water pipe broke flooding four rooms and the garage; my daughter has been in the ER, and my son's birthday - we have been out of town a couple of days.

I will check and have this posted if needed here shortly. I will also extend the time frame if needed.

Thanks for your patience!!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Thanks Barbara. Hope your daughter is ok, you have had your fair share to deal with and happy birthday to your son
Jane

Thank you! Pressing in and keeping on! We are blessed in all things! Gotta keep the right attitude and look at it as a time to grow!

And, thanks for the reminder for the competition needing posted! Big Grin

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 22, 2017, 10:11