Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Summer on Fife coast.

Here is a photo taken, early doors, on our (so far), hottest day of the year. A nice morning heat haze over the Forth. What do you think?

Nikon D80, manual mode, 1/500 sec, f6.3, ISO 100, 57mm lens equivalent, processed using Lightroom 6.6 with a little help with Nik/Google Software.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

John, great view/concept. Looks a bit over cooked on my monitor, assuming it was edited? Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

I think Ed is right, John. The lower two thirds has an over-sharpened look about it.

Cheers.
Philip

You are right. I did my usual sharpening and it was fine on my computer. When I posted it to this site it looks well over sharpened. Here is the unsharpened version. Looks much better on the Shuttertalk platform.

Difference. Is the blue as seen. What's the farthest left prominence, with lighthouse? Ed.

To each his own!

Too big for me to fit on my screen! Clicking on the resize bar has no effect. Left hand side looks nice, though :-)

Is your Monitor set for Maximum resolution? Ed.

To each his own!

According to Brandon it should resize to fit your browser. It is the same size image I always post, 1381 x 900.
The island with the lighthouse is Inchkeith, and close to is the Black Rock. And yes, the blue is as seen.

Yep, max resolution set on the laptop. If I save the photo and open it in Photoshop (where I get to control the size) I can see that 100% is too big for my laptop. I can then zoom out a little and see the whole thing. It's only a 5% or so difference, but it's enough that one can't see the whole thing. To me it looks like it's parsing at 100% of image size, rather than window size.

Edit: there is, of course, a lot of white space to the left of the forum conversations here, too. So in this environment (rather than Photoshop) I'm missing much more than 5% of the image, because it's not starting right over on the left hand side of my screen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Feb 19, 2016, 01:51
Last Post by Pavel
Aug 5, 2008, 12:16
Last Post by shuttertalk
Jul 31, 2006, 04:08