Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hosta

Fooling around with my Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 Ais on the D610 this morning, I captured this handheld:
[Image: 27859281664_7c09e9e926_b.jpg]

1/500th @ f11 ISO 400 Nikon D610 Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 Ais

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

That's beautiful Graham, and a nice combination of kit to capture it with as well!!!

Regards.

Phil.

Delicate. Ed.

To each his own!

Beautiful photograph. My Hosta only ever seemed to produce leaves. Nice leaves, but leaves.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate the comments. I also thought that hostas only produced leaves to feed the slugs and snails but it seems that I was wrong.

GrahamS

Hi Graham
Thats a good photo, there is a program that stitches together Photos taken at different Focal points  so that you end up with a Macro shot in complete focus, I have just taken charge of my new Pentax 100mm Macro lens so will now be out taking even more photo's.
Here is a Cricket which kindly came to my studio (Garden) Processed in Lightroom 5 , Pentax K3 11,F10, 1/30sec, ISO800, Hand Held

(Jul 22, 2016, 12:19)GrahamS Wrote:  Fooling around with my Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 Ais on the D610 this morning, I captured this handheld:
[Image: 27859281664_7c09e9e926_b.jpg]

1/500th @ f11 ISO 400 Nikon D610 Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 Ais

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Dougson (BTW, please go to your profile and enter your real name as a signature - we like to address one another in a friendly way) focus stacking is great if 1) the subject is static and not blowing in the wind and 2) if your kit is mounted on a sturdy support and 3) if the light is constant over the period that it takes to shoot all the required shots. I was handheld, it was windy and the sun was playing hide and seek with the clouds. I could have used a higher ISO and smaller aperture but then noise would have intruded. Reducing the noise in post would have destroyed the fine detail that I was after in the staymens. I also prefer the DOF as it is here, so that the main flower is slightly soft.

GrahamS