Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cowdray Ruins in the morning mist

Taken this morning Canon EOS M3 55-200 f4.5-6.3 @1/30 100iso

RAW to the core.

I like it, but I think I would have taken the bunch of leaves off.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Definitely. Ed.

To each his own!

Hi Guys yes I agree,cannot believe I did not see them, must go to specsavers !!!!

Pete

RAW to the core.

Beautiful place, thanks for sharing!

Ideas:

Yes, rubber stamp the leaves out, maybe the bridge too (I thought it was more leaves at first). And crop a bit from the right to center the ruins; this will help two problems at once.

I wonder how this would have looked photographed into the sun, or with the sun at your back? Obviously you would have had to change locations to keep the ruins. That tree in the ruins looks like an observatory dome where it is placed.

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

Love it, agree with others re the leaves.

Great location, and great light. I think there's way too much empty space in the lower half of the image, so cropping is everything. Agree about the intruding leaves on the right hand side. I love the idea of the mist shrouded bridge leading towards the castle, but maybe the shooting position could be changed next time to bring the two closer together?

My crop would be something like the attached letterbox - it's the only way I could find to get the balance right (for me) given the raw material, but I think there's a better composition to be had there. Great stuff, though. The mist and the castle and the bridge and the light - I'm well jealous.

Apologies for cropping and redoing - I only did so because I had to download the image to view it (the normal Shutter Talk issue) so it was hard to resist!

Derek

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by snaphappy
Feb 25, 2016, 15:27
Last Post by Eddy Canon
Jan 16, 2016, 10:02
Last Post by gerainte
Jan 5, 2014, 16:17