Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

night photography

Photo taken at Glacier Point Yosemite NP
Nikon D7200  18-55@ 18  f3.5  30 sec iso3200

Great image. Don't know how to better it!

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Looks impressive. Is it a composite, reason I ask is the 30 Sec exposure. Ed.

To each his own!

(Aug 5, 2016, 13:53)EdMak Wrote:  Looks impressive. Is it a composite, reason I ask is the 30 Sec exposure.  Ed.

No that is how it was shot I think 15 sec would have worked better the stars would more pinpointed thanks for your comment

(Aug 5, 2016, 11:53)Jocko Wrote:  Great image. Don't know how to better it!

Thanks for the input

Now totally impressed with the sharpness/detail of the person gazing. Excellent. Ed.

To each his own!

For me it's really two separate photos - the landscape with starry sky, and the portrait of the gentleman. I would prefer to crop 4:5 (i.e. 5 on the vertical side) down from the top, and clone out what remains of the man, to leave the wonderful star scene with silhouetted trees. If he was to be part of the photo, I think he should have turned away from the camera, so it would seem that he was admiring the beauty of the stars that you were photographing.

Cheers.
Philip

Nice image, if the guy in the front has been light painted or indeed illuminated by flash then that would allow for the sharpness, just my thoughts on how it may have been achieved.

Cheers Pete

RAW to the core.

(Aug 8, 2016, 00:32)Eddy Canon Wrote:  Nice image, if the guy in the front has been light painted or indeed illuminated by flash then that would allow for the sharpness, just my thoughts on how it may have been achieved.

Cheers Pete
I used the flash on the camera originally was way too bright warped about 6 or so folds of paper towel and held it in place with a rubber band and the guy is me I think I needed a few more wraps I was just experimenting.  Thanks for the comment.

Hi JJ,

That is a 'first class photograph'. You obviously put a great deal of thought into it's creation AND pulled it off. Very well done. Smile

Best regards.

Phil.

(Aug 8, 2016, 12:21)Phil J Wrote:  Hi JJ,

That is a 'first class photograph'. You obviously put a great deal of thought into it's creation AND pulled it off. Very well done. Smile

Best regards.

Phil.

(Aug 8, 2016, 14:51)jjford43 Wrote:  
(Aug 8, 2016, 12:21)Phil J Wrote:  Hi JJ,

Best regards.

Phil.
thanks for the reply

Nicely done.

Never thought of shooting the Milky way from up there, am definitely heading up there to give it a go now!

Are you local to Yosemite? I've seen a few Yosemite images form you. I'm an hour south of there in the Fresno area.

(Aug 12, 2016, 12:02)EnglishBob Wrote:  Nicely done.

Never thought of shooting the Milky way from up there, am definitely heading up there to give it a go now!

Are you local to Yosemite?  I've seen a few Yosemite images form you.  I'm an hour south of there in the Fresno area.
Hi Bob you are a little closer than I am as I live in Atwater about an hour north of you on hwy 99 I go up there a lot that shot was from glacier point. I was up there he night of 11 Aug cought a large mereorite going through the Milky Way. I was up there last night at Olmsted point. You can take shots of the valley under about a half of moon and it will look like day light.as a photographer you will really like the place.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Aug 5, 2016, 11:51
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Nov 17, 2015, 03:19