Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Summer Garden.

Nikon D3300 + Tamron 70 - 300mm.
1/100 @ f/7.1 iso 100, 70mm ( 105mm equivalent )

[attachment=6646]

Exported from Lightroom, 1024 max file size, 1024 Long Side.
Regards,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Nice image and a perfect size.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Very pretty! Nice pastel color.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks John and Don. Have not got the hang of 'Hyperfocal Distance' as yet, but practice makes perfect.
As far as image size goes I have found that 1024 works fine on the horizontal side but is too long when used for the vertical. That, of course is on my laptop.
Cheers,
Mike.

Henri Cartier - Bresson.

I have started setting the sizes to a maximum of 1024 x 768, a good size for a laptop. Since doing that I have had no problems with posted images. Unless someone can tell me different!

If you manually define both side sizes, you may distort visually the image. On P/S CS4, Image Size, with tick in Constrain Proportions, (Default), setting any side, the other side will be sized proportionately. Same function will be in most versions, no idea in Lightroom. Ed.

To each his own!

In Lightroom CC, amongst other sections, are the following :
FILE SETTINGS :Format, Image colour space, Limit file size to.
IMAGE SIZING : Tick box for ' Resize to fit, 'Do not enlarge'. Long edge. Pixels, Resolution.
Sizing of short edge is automatic.
Mike.

Henri Cartier - Bresson.

I resize mine in ACDSee 19, the library software I use. You have a choice of Enlarge Only, Reduce Only, or, the setting I use, Enlarge or Reduce. There is a tick box for constrain proportions, which I leave selected. I have done it many times in Photoshop too, but I will have to check out how to do it in Lightroom. I use wee bits of different programmes to do different things!

John,
If you pick an image in Library or Develop, then click on File. About half way down you will see Export. Click on this and a new window will open with all you need.
Mike.

Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Thanks Mike. I Export from Lightroom from the button at the bottom of the left pane but it opens the same dialog box. I have all my Export options set, but I never resize at this stage. I export full size, unsharpened, TIFF files, then when I need them I open them in ACDSee 19, resize as required, sharpen as necessary then convert them to JPEG images (unless I am going to print them in which case I just print from the TIFF file).

Lovely image. Your composition is superb!

Tony
https://tonybritton.smugmug.com/

"My wife & I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"

Thanks Tony.
Regards,
Mike.

Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Very nice, Mike.

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

Thanks Graham.
Mike.

Henri Cartier - Bresson.