Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do I have food in my beard?

Male Grizzly, just finished feeding.

Canon 7DII, 1/200s, ISO 320, F/5.6, 300mm.
[Image: 29296630944_d0771c0eac_o.jpg]

It is possible to sense the sheer power in this bear. Great detail. Great shot.
( But I still think you are too close )
Cheers,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

I'd agree, a great shot with great detail but too close for me as well. I'd be inclined to clone out the flowers poking up in the foreground, as they add nothing but do detract by taking away attention. Maybe, though I'd have to try it to be sure, you could try upping the contrast just a bit. It might even be worth trying a mono version - maybe a high contrast mono version cropped to a square on the face?

PS I still have to save big images to my desktop and view them in a programme outside of this site. It's such a shame this tiny thing could never be sorted.

(Sep 25, 2016, 22:41)delb0y Wrote:  PS I still have to save big images to my desktop and view them in a programme outside of this site. It's such a shame this tiny thing could never be sorted.

I agree - hope the Admin are still working on it. I also agree that this is a great shot, and I agree regarding cloning out the flowers and adding a bit more contrast.

In addition, it looks a bit pale to me so I would slightly reduce the overall brightness. When the image is viewed on the monitor at its natural size - 1400 pixels - it has the look of being over-sharpened, making the bear's head fur look a bit more like stiff brush bristles. It might, of course, be like that - but I wouldn't want to be close enough to find out! Nevertheless, it's still a great shot.

Cheers.
Philip

Not really an HDR person, looks overdone to me. Flower removal are a must. How close were you, this as I see it, but, it's your pic. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

(Sep 26, 2016, 08:43)EdMak Wrote:  Not really an HDR person, looks overdone to me. Flower removal are a must. How close were you, this as I see it, but, it's your pic. Cheers. Ed.

It's not HDR, single exposure.

Yeah, the sharpening does look odd, not on the original, so I'm thinking Flickr has changed something. I know facebook does horrible things to pictures, haven't encountered it with flickr until this most recent batch. Might try a re-upload.

That said, this guys fur was pretty coarse looking, not that i got close enough to pet him!

(Sep 26, 2016, 03:43)MrB Wrote:  In addition, it looks a bit pale to me so I would slightly reduce the overall brightness. When the image is viewed on the monitor at its natural size - 1400 pixels - it has the look of being over-sharpened, making the bear's head fur look a bit more like stiff brush bristles.
Cheers.
Philip

He was a lighter shade of brown, think they refer to them as blonde, though it wasn't that light.

The image is on flickr and I feel that they may have changed something, starting to have similar issues to uploading to facebook.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post