Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ely's harbour bermuda

[attachment=6699]Give me your take on this shot: Nikon D3300,M mode,1/250 s,F16,iso 100...Wes

Gorgeous, the only change i might make is to crop the sky just above the clouds. Would move the horizon of the center of the screen and eliminate dead space. Love the lighting on this.

(Sep 25, 2016, 16:26)EnglishBob Wrote:  Gorgeous, the only change i might make is to crop the sky just above the clouds.  Would move the horizon of the center of the screen and eliminate dead space.  Love the lighting on this.

Thanks ....Wes

Lovely shot. Normally I'd agree with the changes Bob suggested - but in this case because everything is so still and serene I like all that empty blue sky. It adds to the tranquillity.

Appears a bit dark, and blue, to me, although I was not present! Try a bit of sharpening. First glance, appeared to be flying right wing low. Tranquility definitely applies. Ed.

To each his own!

Used my new found skills in Photoshop to correct the colours a little. I squared the image up (a horizon should always be horizontal), as well as adding a little bit of sharpening. Whether it is any better or any worse is a matter of opinion.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Thanks all for comments.... Wes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Aug 1, 2016, 03:14
Last Post by Jocko
Apr 22, 2016, 03:26