Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Busker

Busker, taken on the Nikon D7100, f/8 55mm 1/100th and ISO 200

[Image: 29710729304_e0993f5e2f_c.jpg]

Busker by Derek Rutherford, on Flickr

Nice composition, this is an area of photography I don't have a lot of experience in, around here there are a few too many crazies that go ballistic when a camera is pointed at them.

Thanks Bob. I did get one front on, but the focus was off. I set the camera to Aperture Priority thinking that might help with a bit of street photography, but the resulting shutter speed was too low. I should have upped the ISO - and I would have done had I been in my normal manual mode. So it's back to nice and easy manual from now on.

I'm trying to take more shots of people, these days. It's slow going but it's the direction I think I want to go in.

We have a couple of fantastic street photographers in the Camera Club, but they are both ladies in their 80's and can get away with it LOL. The meth heads around here see me and they want to fight.

Nice shot, Derek. A bit somber for my taste, though.

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

(Oct 15, 2016, 13:02)delb0y Wrote:  I set the camera to Aperture Priority thinking that might help with a bit of street photography, but the resulting shutter speed was too low. I should have upped the ISO - and I would have done had I been in my normal manual mode. So it's back to nice and easy manual from now on.

I don't really understand your comments here, Derek. Do they imply that it is easier to adjust the ISO when working in Manual mode rather than Aperture Priority? With your D7100 you might be able to customise Auto ISO to keep the shutter speed above your desired minimum.

The photo is nicely composed but I agree with Graham - to me it seems rather dark. This could, of course, be exactly the look you were aiming for.

It is a good image for a mono conversion, if you like that sort of thing, and a lot of street photography appears in mono. (To me it looks great in the 'Full Contrast and Structure' preset style in Silver Efex Pro in the Google Nik Collection - a great free download, if you don't already have it.)

Cheers.
Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Aug 3, 2006, 22:21
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 2, 2005, 18:31