Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 megapixel resurrection!

So did you get a new 20+ megapixel DLSR for Christmas? It’s easy to forget we were shooting single megapixels not too long ago.

Here’s one of my 1-megapixel Kodak DC265 images from 1999 (taken at the Claremont Colleges in Claremont CA). First the original (reduced overall size for the forum), then with post-processing (Topaz Impression and some PS tweaks) to bring it back to life.

And some more fun with a 4mp Minolta DiMAGE S404 image of a garden statue from 2002, again with similar post processing.

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

Good exercise, personally I prefer the originals. Happy New Year. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks Ed! I hear that a lot about the originals; I must be a better photographer (and less of a photo artist) than I thought ;-)

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG

This is one taken on the day I bought my first digital Camera, also a 1 mp Kodak, DC 200+. Taken September 1998.

Original Image first, and reprocessed today for the 2nd.

Wow, 1 MP doesn't give us much to work with LOL, that looks awful once uploaded.

(Dec 31, 2016, 13:56)EdMak Wrote:  Good exercise, personally I prefer the originals. Happy New Year. Ed.

+1

Cheers.
Philip

I never owned a 1MP camera so this is an (under-exposed) image from a 2MP Toshiba compact camera in 2002, reprocessed today in PaintShop Pro X8.

Cheers.
Philip

I started out with the luxury of 3 Megapixels with my Finepix S602 Zoom. Here is one from that time.

Gourock from Lyle Hill - Dec 2004. 1/160 sec, f3.2, ISO 200. Originally processed with first version of Photoshop to retain EXIF data. Recently touched up using Lightroom and Nik Software.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

.9 megapixels, no rear screen, 2002, very basic, make escapes me. Ed.

To each his own!

Great follow-ups!

Craig, the relatively poor quality of 1-megapixel is why the images cry out for artsy, pixel-smushing post-processing!

I would like to see your scene artsified, with the street sign removed or the image cropped just to the right of it.

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post