Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Lense

Well I picked up another lens....Minolta Rokkor-x PF f1.9 55mm. I think it is quite sharp....All were taken on the rail tracks around the corner from our house. A beautiful bright day (for a change) Sony A7, 1/320sec , iso 100, f8 , for all of them. I am quite impressed with the colour of the first one, detail of all of them. Opinions are welcome and thank you all.

Randy(?) The Minolta Rokkor-X 55/1.9 is a superb lens and has a very good reputation. The only thing that could detract from it's performance is it's compatibility with your camera sensor, but some diligent testing should confirm that.

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

Graham,when you say compatibility..what do you mean? I use a 'dumb' adapter and does not seem to have any issues, but I think that you are talking about something else. I have  the f2.8 28mm, f1.7 50mm, f1.9 55mm, f2.8 135mm, and f 3.5-4.5 28-85 w/macro for the A7.

For opinions would really need to be in the Critique section. Ed. (Have a few old Minolta lenses as this somewhere around).

To each his own!

(Feb 25, 2017, 13:53)randybk Wrote:  Graham,when you say compatibility..what do you mean? I use a 'dumb' adapter and does not seem to have any issues, but I think that you are talking about something else. I have  the f2.8 28mm, f1.7 50mm, f1.9 55mm, f2.8 135mm, and f 3.5-4.5 28-85 w/macro for the A7.
Randy, a Rokkor X film camera lens is not specifically designed for use with a digital sensor. Lenses that are designed for digital sensors have characteristics that reduce problems such as corner sharpness, vignetting, flare, rear element reflection etc. Depending on the particular sensor and the lens in question, some of these factors may or may not be apparent in the images produced. I have some high quality film camera lenses that just do not work well with a digital sensor and some that produce superb image quality. It depends on the design parameters of the lens and the sensor.

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post