Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More Snow and Prairie

[Image: stbonifaceSM.jpg]

[Image: trainSM.jpg]

[Image: 70_prairieSM.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

#1 - Nice high contrast Tri-X like look. I think that the car window does not quite work as a frame because it cuts the tower left and the tops of the trees. I would love to see this one sans window. JMO

#2 is excellent

Thanks Toad. It was a taxi.
--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I agree with Toad, #2 is excellent. In #3, I'm missing a point where my eye could rest. I keep coming back at the signs, but I can't make out what they say. I quite like #1, I love the strong contrast. And the tower, of course! Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Thanks Guerito. Would you believe someone offered to buy photo 1?
--Don

Wow! That is Great Don! The picture is really nice....

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wow cool... you should open up an art gallery, Don! Poetry and pics.... from the bus. Big Grin

Hey Don,

I don't agree with the others, but I do agree with whoever wanted to buy #1.

Numbers 2 and 3 are both good (2 especially), but #1 just jumped out and grabbed me. I love it!

The contrast is fantastic, and the framing is brilliant, especially as the shape of the window looks like an older car (even though it probably wasn't).
I love it. It took me straight back to my childhood, going on a trip in the backseat of my parents car.

If you had taken it from a slightly lower position (ie so you get a kid's point of view) then it would evoke this feeling even more, but unfortunately it would have meant losing the rocks in the foreground, which probably wouldn't be worth it.
I don't agree with Toad's comments that the tower or tops of trees being chopped off is a bad thing, I think that just adds to the feeling that the world outside is much bigger than what it visible through the window. And the vertical uniform lines of the trees are complimented fantastically by the vertical part of the window frame. I think it is the window frame that really makes this shot, certainly for me it's what gives it emotion.
Perhaps a bit of motion-blur might be useful in the foreground to give the impression the car was actually moving (if you wanted to emphasise the theme of a journey?). But again, it would be a shame to do anything to those rocks.

But as it is, considering you were in the back of a cab and didn't have the luxury of time to compose the shot properly, I find it really hard to fault.
I just keep going back and looking at it again. I'd love to see a higher-res version.

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 1, 2019, 21:52
Last Post by Phil J
Jun 29, 2015, 07:47