Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pope

Before I begin, I hope this thread doesn't degenerate into a relgious war... let's try to keep comments civil and try to not to trample on one another's toes... Big Grin

I was watching the coverage of the Pope's death and highlights of his life/ministry on TV yesterday. What do people think? I haven't really been paying much attention to the Pope, and my memories only go so far as to recall a frail old man with deteriorating health. But it was quite interesting to see what he did when he was still in his prime, especially in working as a "moral champion" and travelling to different nations promoting the church's cause.

Hm... I wonder what the new Pope will be like?

Rufus, (unusually), dons his serious person head.......................................

Yes.

I felt very sad at his passing, and was suprised at my own reaction TBH.
He stood for some vitally important and contentious issues, and didnt falter. Whatever one's belief, he was a strong and courageous man.
I am concerned that the next Pope could be more liberal. That might be a problem.

Cave canem

I was surprised at my reaction to the Pope's last hours and to his death. I felt very involved and very saddened by it all despite reservations about some of the teachings of the RC Church. I still don't understand my feelings about his death, as though I've somehow lost someone important...yetI didn't take much notice of him before.

I think in terms of his maintaining a conservative stance, in line with biblical principles on certain issues, when the rest of the Churches are gradually watering down the message and conforming to secular values, he is to be admired. His warmth and obvious love of people will be missed.

--NN

Ok the happy couple has done a great job, I don't think I need to say anything now. Very similar feelings here, not a fan of the RC church but I admired him.

On a different but supposedly related tangent the related topics tells me that a post about a pelican is similar!

May the "Happy Couple" point out, to any newcomers, that we, (NN and I), are posting from different computers in different parts of the mansion. That's why we occasionally say the same sort of things.

Cave canem

Which wing of the kennel do you occupy Rufus? I'm a fan or sunlight through a north facing window Wink

I do not occupy a wing, but a leg.

Dog mansions have legs.

Cave canem

I'm not in the least bit religious, but it is always sad to see someone in a powerful position pass when they have done so much good for the world. Lets hope he set a new standard for pope's and future ones will be just as involved in trying to change the world for the better.