Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TV Slideshow gadget?

My family's favourite feature of my new cam is that I can do a slide-show of the pics I've taken that day on the TV. I wondered if there was a stand-alone gadget that did a similar thing... Pop an SD/CF/MS card into one end, plug the other end into yout TV's video in and PRESTO! instant slide-show. Shouldn't be too complicated.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

i know ther eis some by sony and one by nokia ..
but they cost too much for me ..
since they have thier own screens ..

Why does it need a screen? The TV's already got one!! Silly gadget engineers! All you'd need is 2 or 3 menu navigation buttons.

<><

Yes yes, there are gadgets that do that; I'll find the links then edit this post when I've got them Wink

I saw it a while ago, comes with remote control, can't find the link at the moment,
I'll find it later, I must sleep soon Smile

i dunno ..
i think ill stick to viewing on my computer ...
no added costs that way ^^

Well, yes, when I'm home I use my computer but it's difficult to get 15 family members crowded 'round the moniter...

<><

ohh i see ..
yea hthat would be a probelem ..
ohh ..lets just wait and see what adam finds then ..

Cailean, since your cam does that, why not keep using it?

Well, I'm just thinking about the way my family works at get-togethers... the collective attention-span of your average housefly! Wink I'd love to be able to pop a media card into the 'gadget' and let it loop, while I continue to shoot.

For the time being, the cam works well for that half-hour of: "Let's look at all the pictures 'Cailean' took before we fall asleep..."

Anyone know anyone at SanDisk or Belkin R&D? Wink

<><

Hahah, make it wireless at the same time, so you don't have to take the card out of your camera Smile

Actually, there are some wireless digital photo frames now...
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=178

How cool would it be to have photo frames around the house update in real time as you shoot? Smile

Well, turns out my comment about Sandisk wasn't too far off the mark...
Check it out: http://www.sandisk.com/retail/dpv.asp

It's quite a bit bigger than I would like... I'd prefer to be able stuff it in the cam bag.

<><

Oooh, cool! You going to get it? How much does it cost?

I was surprised... MSRP is only $55 USD. I just might get one... there's a couple on eBay for much less.

It's too big to carry around all the time, but that remote would be VERY handy.

<><

I just came across this link http://www.mrgadget.com.au/catalog/produ...2cb90e4123 and remembered that you were looking for something like this, then when I come here, it seems you have already found the same solution Big Grin~ hehe

hey, thanks anyway, adam!

<><

So did you end up getting one, Cailean? If so, what do you think of it?

Years ago, I bought an Iomega Photoshow Zip drive that includes a remote control and connects to the TV. I found that the images weren't too clear. I notice in the photo stores that there is a similar device that shows photos from your memory card on TV. I think it costs around $100. I'll try to get the name.

Most digital cameras connect to the TV directly. In face the TV essentially replaces the LCD for monitoring and viewing pictures. My old Casio has a slide show setting that looks like opening the pages of a book.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 24, 2005, 19:37