Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The ubiquitous duck (and others)

It doesn't seem to matter where we go, I always end up with a number of duck photos!
This one was happily dozing on the river bank:

[Image: IMGP4820.jpg]

Wild flowers on the riverbank. Not sure about this one....sometimes I like it, sometimes I think it's boring - what do you think?

[Image: IMGP4823.jpg]

Inside the church at Lower Slaughter. Tis one was tough...high ISO as it was dim in there, and no tripod, so hand-held. quite harsh light from the windows whichI wanted to avoid "blowing out" while still capturing the detail in the main subject, and then very deep shadows and some electric lighting to contend with inside the church too:

[Image: IMGP4862.jpg]

--NN

Very nice photographs.
I like the duck with the flowers photo!

I love the duck dozing in the daisies! Big Grin

I can't summon up any excitement about the flowers on the riverbank - sorry. I'd have preferred to see all the flowers in focus. I find those OOF ones in the foreground distracting

Super job with the picture inside the church! It's a lovely exposure, lots of clear detail and colours with a hint of a warm glow in the background behind the pulpit.

Pol

Thanks both.....Pol, you've just identified for me why it is I alternate between like and dislike with the flowers pic. I like it when I fail to notice the OOF bit and see it as I'd intended it, then when I spot that error I don't like it!

--NN

Hehe, I love the duck too! I will post some ducks later myself! Big Grin

I agree with Polly on the flowers, and on the church picture as well. You did very well on this tough one.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

The duck picture is so sweet with those daisies around Smile, and the last picture is great! I like very much the composion. Beautiful pictures NN.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks againyou tow for your kind comments. Guerito, where's your duck? Smile

--nn

your duck'n'daissies is very very nice. I love it. Right off the bat I thought "
wow!" The inside of the church is also nice. As Pol said, nice tones. I'm just not sure if this is the compisition I would have chosen. Hmmm.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Nice ducky NN! Looks very tasty ... err I mean cute. Big Grin

Love the colour and the richness of the bunched up flowers, but agree regarding the focus thing...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42
Last Post by Plantsman
Jan 21, 2015, 06:57
Last Post by kNox
Mar 20, 2014, 01:42