Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Birthday Breakfast

Woohoo, thanks for the new forum, Julian and Colin! Smile

Let me introduce you to some of the neighbor's family. A few of you guys know Swantje already - you doctored her picture in the "Fix-Me-Up" forum. She was flattered, by the way! Smile Now here she is again with Grandma and Mum, who is the happy birthday girl today.

Three Smiles

[Image: 05_07_12_img_1211-01-color.jpg]

Continental Breakfast

[Image: 05_07_12_img_1209-01.jpg]

We invited them over for breakfast. This is the table before we started. I failed to take a picture afterwards, I was too full to go and bring the camera again.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

mmm...looks yummy Tongue

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

What a feast! Did you cook that, Irma? Big Grin

I just prepared the fruit salad... The breakfast here in Germany are very easy to prepare... Just bread from a good bakery, jam and butter and cold meat and cheese.... I prepared the salad because I found very fresh fruit yesterday and I know Swantje likes it. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Yum, yum, I love a good breakfast.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Fruit salad sounds very refreshing. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

What no pancakes?

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

No, we don't usually have pancakes for breakfast here. Pity, because I like them a lot, especially with maple syrup. I wouldn't need anything else if I had pancakes. Smile

The typical German breakfast is rolls and/or bread, butter, honey, jam, and cold meat. A soft boiled egg or some scrambled eggs and a bit of bacon, maybe, although a lot of people shy away from the cholesterol nowadays. Oh yes and there is orange juice and coffee. Don't forget the muesli for the health conscious. The more discerned playboy will have a glass of sparkling wine to go with a late breakfast, to stimulate the blood circulation. Of course, in international hotel chains there is a lot more on the buffet table, sometimes even caviar and grilled scampi.

What do you typically eat in other countries for breakfast?

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Bagels and cream cheese is one staple with juice made of orange juice and bananas or apple juice and bananas.

eggs, potatos, turkey sausage, juice.

cereal.

Joyce likes hot chocolate and I like coffee.

Waffles with turkey sausage.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

A couple of "pick me ups" washed down with a glass of bourbon to help me to face the new day. Wink

Aussie breakfast on the run..........dogs eye with killer quick (meat pie & sauce) and a can of coke!

guerito Wrote:The typical German breakfast is rolls and/or bread, butter, honey, jam, and cold meat. A soft boiled egg or some scrambled eggs and a bit of bacon, maybe, although a lot of people shy away from the cholesterol nowadays. Oh yes and there is orange juice and coffee. Don't forget the muesli for the health conscious. The more discerned playboy will have a glass of sparkling wine to go with a late breakfast, to stimulate the blood circulation. Of course, in international hotel chains there is a lot more on the buffet table, sometimes even caviar and grilled scampi.

You Germans eat like kings!! Big Grin

For me (not sure if it goes for the rest of Australia), it's usually toast and spreads (nutella or peanut butter) or cereal and milk. Once in a blue moon we spoil ourselves and have a "big breakfast" - scrambled eggs, sausages, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms and toast. All drowned in tomato sauce! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jun 23, 2015, 05:22