Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Quiet Day Today eh?

Wow, it's certainly a quiet day today on ST... so... how are things where you are?

I'm currently sitting at my desk at the office -staring out the 31st floor window at the streets below. It's 9 degrees C outside (brrr), but the sun is shining.

Drinking some diet coke at the moment.... mm..... Big Grin

Hot day at work today. Just finished watching Rock Star Inxs. Have been tuning in on a regular basis. Been cheking in to ST a few times tonight and noticing it's slow. Bummer! Sad

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Here, it was boring yesterday.... I have had a painter working at home already for a week... and still he will be working few days more...a lot to clean at home Sad I am studying like crazy for my driver's license written exam... around 800 questions... Sad It's nearly 7 a.m. in the morning...The weather is ungly... rainy and cold... No time and no good weather for new pictures Sad

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Our son treated Joyce and I to a trip to Lake Winnipeg at Grand Beach. I even swam in the lake. This is the first time I had been immersed in water for about 5 years or more. It felt great.

--Don
[Image: donatbeach.jpg]

[Image: atbeach3SM.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Wow, wish I could swap with you Don! Big Grin

I'd rather be swimming in the sunshine than in the office, anyday! Big Grin

I've been out in 105F heat for the last 3 days shooting pictures of local schools for work. The car dealership is starting a program to donate $25 for every car sold to local schools, with the car buyer deciding which school district gets helped.

I now have over 120 images carefully prepared, processed and on CD to give to the advertising agency in the morning. I've spent 3 days to get 120 shots of 15 schools foir them to use 8-12 shots in a TV commercial we are having made Big Grin

So I got to drive around using a dealership car, gas and my camera equipment on works time and shoot shots... now if I could just negotiate a bonus for the work LOL.

wow great! now to get them to pay for your camera equipment too... Big Grin

Ugh, I've been at work all day...its been so sluggish today! But hey, at least I didn't have to deal with the baby. He's been a real ratbag this week....

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Slow? Whats that? I actually had a rather peaceful day today so I thought I best join in. Went to the lab and bitched about prints being too dark, had lunch out with my better half and bub. Took a few fisheye shots at a local skate park for a community group, did up some proofs and now I'm sitting here annoying you lot Tongue

Wish I could be off swimming like Unkie Don though!

Irma Wrote:I am studying like crazy for my driver's license written exam... around 800 questions...

I just re-read this thread and my Jaw Dropped, 800 questions Irma!!!! Crazy, the California one has.............. 36.

800 questions you need to study and learn by heart. I really don't know how many questions I will have in the exam.... Sad Some questions are 1 point but others are 4 points with if your mistakes are more than 8 points you fail the exam... Sad

They ask you from common sense questions... to formulas for example, to calculate de distance of braking when you drive at certain speed.... when the road is dry AND when the road is wet... Sad

Paul Cezanne

wow!! no way!! More than 8 out of 800 and you fail?!?

how long does it take to do the test?

my gosh, you'd better want to eat your weet bix on exam day! Big Grin

The exam has 50 questions from those 800, and you have 90 minutes to answer... If you have two wrong and those two have a value of 4 points each... you fail the exam... Sad

At least, this exam will be in Spanish, Spanish from Spain, which is a bit different from latin american Spanish... but it isn't much problem... The driving exam will be in German Sad Sad

Paul Cezanne

Just sitting here in my office, sweating. Atleast we got a bit of a break today. its only 29 degrees celcius and the humidex isn't as bad. But from what I hear the weekend is going to bring back the brutal temperatures and humidity.

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

It's been over 40 degrees C here for over a month now. 29 seems so pleasant LOL!

EnglishBob Wrote:It's been over 40 degrees C here for over a month now. 29 seems so pleasant LOL!

Different heat in Toronto Craig. The humidity will choke ya. Elderly die in the heat they get.

My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:
EnglishBob Wrote:It's been over 40 degrees C here for over a month now. 29 seems so pleasant LOL!

Different heat in Toronto Craig. The humidity will choke ya. Elderly die in the heat they get.

you think the humidity is bad there , some down south a " few " miles . right now its 94 F here and has been near 100 for about 2 weeks. WE NEED RAIN!! Big Grin

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

EnglishBob Wrote:I now have over 120 images carefully prepared, processed and on CD to give to the advertising agency in the morning. I've spent 3 days to get 120 shots of 15 schools foir them to use 8-12 shots in a TV commercial we are having made Big Grin

Well, I wasn't very happy about the quality of the pictures but I heard back from the Agency and they say they are great, and would I be interested in any freelance still photography work they have availabe Big Grin

While I am flattered I am thinking I am going to tell them no, I don't want any "work" pressure to spoil my hobby.

Wow great stuff Craig... the decision is yours to make, but congrats anyway! Big Grin

Congrats Craig. Sounds like that would be a tough decision. I have a wedding to do this-afternoon and next week is another cat show. Big Grin Gotta love the furry critters. Stay tuned. Tongue

My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Sep 7, 2013, 07:55
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jun 12, 2012, 10:24