Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Comment please - Close up.

Although this shot is bit of a cliche but I have become quite attached to it..

I have done alot of fiddling with post processing and need your experienced eyes to tell me how it could have been or still could be made better...composition, colour / black and white, etc...

Taken with Pentax *ist DS, 28-80mm Sigma lens at 80mm in macro. 1/125sec, F5.6, 200 with flash.

[Image: Jakes-eyesmall.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Stunning eyes, you have! Big Grin

I think a closer crop could probably help - minus the left side especially, as the out of focus ear makes the photo look cluttered and distracting.

I love the detail on the features though - eyelashes, iris, etc. Well done!

I understand why you like this shot. With so little detail, you have managed to reveal a lot about the model. She looks intelligent, persceptive and sexy.

The eyes are the window to the soul.

This is beautiful. But... Smile

The thing that really jumps out on me is the blurredness of the eyebrow in the upper right half of the picture. It seems that even the right part of the eye is slightly blurred.

I think you should have taken the picture with a considerably smaller aperture, f8 or even f11 to get everything sharp. At this distance, the DOF would have been still shallow enough to blur the ear (or hand?) on the left side, but you need sharpness for the immediate environment of the eye.

The suggested crop would be better IMO too...

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I would suggest a much tighter crop. Eye and eyebrowe only. The eye colour and detail are great.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

A beautiful eye! My only critique has already been mentioned- closer crop and the top eyelid (models left side) looks a bit out of focus.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thanks for the comments. I agree that the blurred left side (which is a hand) is distracting, I tried a tighter crop but didn't like the eye smack in the centre.

Toad - Thanks for the comments however 'sexy' isn't really what I was aiming for. The 'model' is my 7 year old son...

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

hi

i think the tighter crop and sp that to straigten the eye...uuhhmmm maybe something like this

[Image: 43_Jakes-eyesmall2.jpg]

also to attrack more to the eyes maybe just lighten the eye a bit...

uuhmmm very deviantart?
goosh now? is his eye too light? goosh forgot my monitor againg... uuhmm

regards

christian

hi

for those who may want ot know this is what i did...
duplicate layer, set to screen and applyed a mask and paint out what i did not wanted. use the markee tool and made lessection to use curves,

[Image: eye.jpg]

byeeeeee

christian

Thanks Christian - I do like that crop.

I also had a fiddle with the layers but got a little carried away...

[Image: 63_Jakes-eyesmall2.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

smarti77 Wrote:Thanks for the comments. I agree that the blurred left side (which is a hand) is distracting, I tried a tighter crop but didn't like the eye smack in the centre.

Toad - Thanks for the comments however 'sexy' isn't really what I was aiming for. The 'model' is my 7 year old son...

Hah!! I could have sworn it was a woman's eys, but I guess that I have just become a pervert in my old age...

That black and white is beautyful, and a good idea for this shot I think.
The iris got just a litte too blue, don't you find...?

nice work!

uli

uhm, and at second glance: what's that glary bit /dirt in the corner of his eye?

Your son has beautiful eyes! I love the patterns and the colours, they are awesome!
I would prefer the B&W if the original colours of the iris were kept.

[Image: 98_43_Jakes-eyesmall2.jpg]

??

Nice!

uli

i thought about.....your version

very nice, i think that's great

christian

Toad Wrote:
smarti77 Wrote:Toad - Thanks for the comments however 'sexy' isn't really what I was aiming for. The 'model' is my 7 year old son...

Hah!! I could have sworn it was a woman's eys, but I guess that I have just become a pervert in my old age...

Oh man! I wondered when there was going to be a reply to that. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I like your version the best, Uli - nice and tight, it really isolates the subject and makes it stand out. Nice!

(Jan 12, 2006, 22:18)smarti77 Wrote:  Although this shot is bit of a cliche but I have become quite attached to it..

I have done alot of fiddling with post processing and need your experienced eyes to tell me how it could have been or still could be made better...composition, colour / black and white, etc...

Taken with Pentax *ist DS, 28-80mm Sigma lens at 80mm in macro. 1/125sec, F5.6, 200 with flash.

[Image: Jakes-eyesmall.jpg]

I'm a firm believer of focusing on the eye for a portrait. That's my only criticism. Other than that, it's a brilliant shot!

An olympus E-500, and a lot of crazy ideas.
http://www.dailywanders.blogspot.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dean
Jun 13, 2013, 11:41
Last Post by NT73
Oct 11, 2010, 06:07
Last Post by adam
Dec 3, 2006, 05:33