Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

After the blizzard, before the Sunset!

Some pine trees with interesting shadows in a Winter wonderland. Enjoy and comment as you wish... Smile

[Image: Hogsback-pine-Jan-21-2006.jpg]

[Image: Hogsback-pine-Jan-21-06_2.jpg]

[Image: Hogsback-pine-Jan-21-06_3.jpg]

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

#2 is fantastic. A photo for a post card or Christmas card. I find the sunlight in #1 too strong as the white is badly blown out. I can bet that these would look even more stunning in overcast conditions. That way the shadowing would be minimal and the snow whites would be less likely to blow out. I must say though, I am enjoying these winter snow scenes. Keep up the good work.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I also like a lot tree pictures... and these ones are great!! and the best of all is that you have a wonderful blue sky as background... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanx for the comments. Not sure if you ever tried it, but photographing snow is not easy. Snow is bright, white and reflective! I was out late afternoon there, like 30 min before complete sunset, as you can see on the shadows. If you have a second look on the first image, you can see my shadow! Wink

John

Just a thought janika, instead of having the sun directly behind you and shining on the tree would it help if the sun was at the side (meaning you take the shot from the left or right side of the tree as we see it in the photo.)
It may cut down on the direct light of the sun. (Experts to the rescue please)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanx NT, Unfortunately there was a building there, I didn't want it to be in the photo, but I see what you mean...

I love the way you captured that orange light. That's hard.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don; The orage-ish light came from the low light/sunset/overcast, I was there at the right time. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Dec 21, 2014, 11:44