Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Grand Day Out in Early Spring(1:The place)

First, so sorry I've not been sociable for a few days; have been inordinately(pointlessly?) busy in a creative flurry with making music and photos.
On Tuesday I visited a local garden, which was landscaped with a hint of rococo. Though not an excellent example of rococo, this place a few valleys away in Painswick is famed for its snowdrops.
Please bear with this series: I've kept entries down to the very best I could do.
Note, all are taken with the 90mm macro; also, as I had to vary ISO/ASA, I was really awakened as to some of the creative possibilities with higher "film rating" with apertures as tiny as f.35...soft, yet somehow more painterly at the web-ready sizes.

[Image: colourviewRSE-1web.jpg]

The above is contrejour(obvious really), just to give you the location...
The second here is taken from about 2 yards away in the same conditions but facing more northwest...a totally different "head" on my shoulders as the composition sorta "spoke" to me in mono terms...

[Image: polesRSE-1web.jpg]

More of the actual garden in a while, with snowdrops and (yes) Zig going macro for first time..

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

That first one is an absolute stunner ......... she gasps! Fabulous! Big Grin

Pol

Polly Wrote:That first one is an absolute stunner ......... she gasps! Fabulous! Big Grin

Pol
Nay ..... BOTH of them stunners! Big Grin

Pol

I love the qualities in the landscape you have brought out here Zig (not at all a pointless exercise!!) Very ethereal and quiet looking. Like quiet contemplation.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Interesting portait oriented landscapes... #2 is mindbending!

Ello Pol! Haven't seen you in a while hunnybun!
Blessya gang. Jules, you've just reminded me I usually "do" landscapes vertically, as I feel there's more distance that can be travelled in a pic that way.

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Great shots Zig. You never disapoint.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I keep coming back to this second one - the b/w landscape. It's amazing - superb detail and amazing tonal range.

I'm fascinated by the contrasting lighting of the fields - foreground darker, distant ones almost as though they were frosty ... then those distant trees fade off into a haze behind the darker silhouettes of the ones in clear visibility.

Inspirational, Zig. I dare bet it'd look fabulous on a large print.

Pol

I really don't have anything to add to what Polly and others already said, they are both great!
expecially the second is really rich, keeps you looking at it for a while.

uli

Wow, fantastic! Like, I'm speechless. The landscape is just perfect!

I really like #2. Is it a composite of 3 images? It seems like the perspective changes (which is what makes it so rich).

Toad Wrote:I really like #2. Is it a composite of 3 images? It seems like the perspective changes (which is what makes it so rich).
Did you notice, as I have, how the eye sort of follows the undulating landscape - meaning your eye kinda physically goes goes downhill into the centre and back uphill to the distant view. Fascinating once you catch onto what your eyes are doing as they're led across the image.

Pol

Toad, mate: no, it's one shot alone taken last Tuesday, facing west, handheld, with our fave the Tamron 90 at f5.6.
If I'd have been in a darkroom with the neg, I'd have used multigrade paper, messing about with the distant stuff at grade 2, the rest around 3.5 to 4. I do prefer the upright format for landies just to increase that sense of movement, and really assists the "stacking" effect of the tele. Thank you guys, I'm glad this one does the biz.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 12, 2017, 01:13