Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fur ball

This is our (my wife's) cat "minty"..........she is not allowed on the kids beds. I thought should I kick her off, nar I will grab a shot. She woke up after the shutter went off, saw the camera pointed at her and took off.....Big Grin She is a hard cat to get a pic of, just hates anything pointed at her.........really need a tele lens to get close.

[Image: monominty.jpg]

Nice one Russ.....The black and white treatment works really well in this and adds to the sense of peace and restfulness in the scene. Great!Smile

Jan

thanks NN, I thought it suited b&w

Now sorry if I am boring anyone but its raining here so I can't work

I just played with the contrast brightness and mid tones in curves which I forgot to do earlier.
[Image: monominty1.jpg]

This one I glowed it up a bit
[Image: minty2.jpg]

let me know what you think.......feel free to have a play........if your bored Big Grin

cheers

The second one is great. The glowed up one is overcooked. That's how I see it anyway, but I'm no expert!.

It is what you like that counts.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

the second looks best to me, too. And to me as a cat lover, they all look very inviting :-)

The light in your kid's bedroom looks so beautiful. oh, the cat's nice too I suppose Tongue

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

thanks for everyones comments.........Smile

Quote:The glowed up one is overcooked
Big Grin glowed up more like blowed up hey Big Grin

Quote:oh, the cat's nice too I suppose
your a cat lover too then Schell Big Grin The light is just natural window, with just a little PP Wink

Not a cat person myself but your shot almost converts me! Nicely done in all these russ.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Cute kitty Russ. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Banded Drake
Feb 27, 2007, 16:46