Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The latest I have worked

Smile Hi Smile

Nice to be here again... Smile

The thing is that everything worked fine the first week... I got my routine and all and the first week was great, I studied a lot Smile I don't know how it was that flickr got spammed by HDR images... and I had to see, I read and studied the technique and I saw I had everything I needed, so I tried and well as Polly well said... it is addictive... I couldn't take my books any more..... I am not sad... I am happy because I have learned something great and I think I like it... and a lot!!

Here are few HDR images... still a lot of room for improvement but I am happy with my start Big Grin

Program: Photomatix 3 exp. 1.1/3f stop interval exposure... Bracketing...

Sunset:

[Image: _DSC8571-01HDRPTM.jpg]

In this one I had to work a bit more post processing to get detail in the trees... I think in this case it would have been better to have more images with more exposures... The problems with this picture was the ducks ... As you merged three different exposures... you have gost all over the lake and it is a bit of work clone them all out...

Here is another one taken in the same way but with my post processing... Sort of sepia blended with original colors...

[Image: _DSC8586-01HDR-PMX.jpg]

Hope you like them...

Thanks in advance for your comments or advice Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

wow Irma... Welcome back!
And what a way to come back! Beautiful photos you have there.

Ever since I read up about the HDR functions in photoshop it has been on my list of things I must try... but I never think to do it when I'm out shooting... So I've still never tried it out.

But these shots (and the recent ones that G has posted) are giving me so many good reasons to go out and give it a go.

Thanks for posting. And good to see you again! Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Thanks for your comment Adrian Smile

I am very happy you like my pictures.

Paul Cezanne

Welcome back Irma , love the shots .

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

G'day Irma,

Great to see you back! It was funny to read how you got distracted with photography RolleyesBig Grin I must say it was not a suprise Big Grin I can also see why HDR got you in. You have done a great job with your pics,looks like time well spent. I look forward to seeing more!

I have had a bit of a play with HDR but unfortunately I don't own CS2 so I have to do it the painted mask way> Still its fun.......... and frustrating as I am yet to get the results I was after.

Cheers

So glad to see you again Irma!!

Beautiful and inspiring work as always!!

I do love the sepia blend look of the second photo, but the colours of the sunset are beautiful too Smile

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

good to see you back irma!
I'm embarrassed to say I have to look up HDR.....:|

uli

Looks very natural Irma - well done.

Canon stuff.

Thanks for your comments Smile
I am very happy you like the pictures... and to be here as well... Smile

Russ... Not only CS2 works with HDR images... There are a lot more programs and free plug ins... at the moment the one I am working with is Photomatix and is doing well, in some cases much better than CS2.

The thing is that with CS2 you have to do the tone mapping by your own with curves, and you need to have a very good understanding in curves to do it well... I don't know how to do it well.... yet.. but it is a great tool for this sort of images...

Photomatix makes the tone mapping for you... and you just need to adjust contrast, saturation and so on... This program has a demo version you can work with... It works fine and you can play fully with the program, the only thing is that the final picture, the HDR image, appears with a watermark... but I think it is nice to try and test it...

WS
Thanks for mention that you find them natural... this is something I've been working a lot, since it is so easy to make them to look fake... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Whoops, forgot to say: nice to see you again, Irma. It's really good to have you back. Big Grin

Hi Irma,

thanks for the info on the programs its someting that I will be looking into.

cheers

Thanks ST... I am happy to be here too Big Grin

You are welcome Russ... Wink

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toad
Aug 12, 2010, 14:29