Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Krispy Kreme

Haha, won't be any left after I'm done with them Big Grin

I am a Scout Leader and our Scout Group is doing a Krispy Kreme fund raiser, boy am I looking forward to that.

Cheers.

Pete

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Wow how did I miss a Krispy Kreme thread? One opened here 2 years ago, there were people camped out for 2 nights before they opened to be the first, morons.

Oura has a drive through so you xan buy 30000 calories without even expending any by getting out of your car! Plus they sell them in all the local supermarkets, but they aren't as good as fresh from the actual place.

And your getting stiffed on the price....$12 USD buys 2 dozen, 1 dozen glazed and 1 dozen assorted here.

Yeah but you get that. Big Grin

I will still buy some and it will be the first time I have actually bought them.

Albert Einstein

The best is when they come off the conveyer. They just melt in your mouth hhhmmmm doooonuuuut. (drool falling from my mouth). I also like to watch them go through the white curtain of death. I fell myself getting fat just thinking about them.

Teddy

Nikon d70
Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g ED
Nikkor 70-210 1:4-5.6 d

Hahah yeah. They're actually opening the first store in Melbourne, but it's quite far out of the city. Supposed to be like a tourist attraction or something. Big Grin

mmmmm... donut! Big Grin

I was amused when they opened up in Canada and everyone was saying how Tim Horton's (a Canadian coffee & doughnut institution) was going to take a big hit... blah, blah...

I said right from the beginning that no 'donut' place is going to make us give up our Timmy's coffee. Canadians only buy doughnuts 'cuz their favourite coffee place sells them also.

The end result? KK lost all kinds of money and, if I heard right, are closing their Canadian outlets.

Meanwhile, Tim Horton's foray into the US market is raking in the dough... Wink

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Maybe Canadians aren't into donuts as much as Americans are into coffee? lol... Big Grin

sounds about right to me...

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Ahhh! Many people just came back from Hillsong conference in Sydney, and today in church I say a boxes of Krispy Kreme, and people talking about it, many people bought boxes of it back here Smile

Went to Sydney last weekend and stopped off at the Krispy Kreme shop in Liverpool on the way home, got two dozen mixed, they are nice but they are the sort of thing that I am glad I have to drive 250km to get. :o

Albert Einstein

They tried to break into the Canadian market with stores in Toronto. But their success has been very limited. Canadians don't like them that sweet. Tim Horton's rains supreme over here.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don Schaeffer Wrote:They tried to break into the Canadian market with stores in Toronto. But their success has been very limited. Canadians don't like them that sweet. Tim Horton's rains supreme over here.

--Don

Crispy Creme is doing fine over here in North Delta B.C. but you are right about Tim Horton's. The only thing about Timmy's now is that they have downsized their donuts and most locations do not bake them in store but rather have them shipped.

For those who do not know, Tim Horton's was named after their founder
Miles Gilbert "Tim" Horton. Tim was an NHL player who played for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Complete story here.

Tim Horton's also has a program called the Tim Horton's Children's Foundation. These are just another reason why they have such popularity.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I had my first Krispy Kreme donught the otherday and i am lucky the closest store is in syndey or I would never be able to save, mmmm galzed donught :-)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"