Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

House at/by the lake

Sorry I don't know which is the right preposition... Sad

It was a bit foggy as G said... So the colors were a washed out but still I think I got some colors... I have another one with the house and reflection... I wanted to see how it looks the reflection from 3 exposures...

Thanks to Petographer for the defog action... It worked great on my picture Smile

[Image: _DSC0700-01HDRhouse.jpg]

Thanks for your comments Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Everything associated with you is beautiful Irma.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Really nice colour. Just another great shot by you Irma. Thanks for posting these.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Don, Colin for your comment... you are very kind... Smile

Paul Cezanne

In England we would say by the lake. I think..um.. we use at the lake to describe something as being there, but not permanently. Or maybe not as the case may be. He is at the lake, or, you will find her at the lake.
Don't take this as correct as I am only English.Big GrinBig Grin

The photo is beautiful, the roof looks like it is rotting in the woods.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks a lot for you comment, and... Smile grammar explanation... these prepositions... always so difficult... Rolleyes

Thanks for your comment... I like a lot these houses, but as far as I know it is very expensive to buy them and maintain them... and the insurance is also very expensive...

Paul Cezanne

very nice again Irma, and here in mississippi , we would say either way ( but we cant talk right here anyway ) . I think the right way to say it is House BY the Lake . But please dont think the we speak proper here at all. Big GrinWink

......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

English and probably American are not as strict when it comes to grammar as Deutsch.
Der die das is difficult when you go away from present tense.
So don't worry Irma. I appreciate the fact that others speak so I can understand. Do you do sign language, as mein augen ist kaput. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Der ,die , das , i think is the reason that i quit German. But i love the language and the culture ( what little i know ) .

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 28, 2018, 16:55
Last Post by delb0y
Aug 19, 2016, 11:28