Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bassists

I noticed there are a few guitarist and drummer jokes here, but what about the bass players?

This guy goes on vacation to a tropical island. As soon as he gets off the plane, he hears drums. He thinks "Wow, this is cool." He goes to the beach, he hears the drums, he eats lunch, he hears drums, he tries to go to sleep, yet he hears drums.

This goes on for several nights, and gets to the point where the guy can't sleep at night because of the drums. Finally, he goes down to the front desk.

When he gets there, he asks the manager, "Hey! What's with these drums. Don't they ever stop? I can't get any sleep."

The manager says, "No! Drums must never stop. It's very bad if drums stop."

"Why?"

"When drums stop...bass solo begins."

Started with a Canon A60, now I'm using a Panasonic FZ10

Hey! Where did my post go???????

Repeat post............

Big Grin

Hello Mr B. Now then....................

I've been a drummer for years, but I'm just moving to bass Rolleyes

What about that Schecter then? (Or maybe I've not seen your post yet).

Big Grin

Cave canem

Lol... good one Trevor... I think I've heard that one before, but it's good anyway Big Grin

You play bass too? I picked up the bass on Thursday night after a very long sojourn... gosh I suck! Big Grin

I've played bass a few times. I was thinking of buying one at one time, but I never did.

So, do you play as part of a band, Trevor?

No, I'm not in a band. I've filled in a couple of times for a guitarist in a friends band, but I usually just play along with CDs or on my own.

Welcome Trevor! Good to have another muso and shutter-mad person on board! I used to have a nice Canadian guitar (Art & Lutherie) but that now belongs to Shuttertalk. They make great guitars - nice woods with nice tone. If you've never heard of them, they also make the very stylish Godin guitars - I love their Multiac series of electro-acoustic classicals.... sorry just me drooling over guitars again... Big Grin

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

TrevorB Wrote:No, I'm not in a band. I've filled in a couple of times for a guitarist in a friends band, but I usually just play along with CDs or on my own.

It takes real talent to just "fill in" for someone else. Trevor, I suspect you arent telling us everything here. I think that you are secretly a pro, or semi pro perhaps?

Cave canem

modest held-back pro in disguise!

Rufus Wrote:It takes real talent to just "fill in" for someone else. Trevor, I suspect you arent telling us everything here. I think that you are secretly a pro, or semi pro perhaps?

adam Wrote:modest held-back pro in disguise!

Haha...I wish. I only played a few songs with them, and they were pretty simple songs too. I went to a few practices beforehand too.

de_axeman

I've heard of Art&Lutherie guitars, as well as Godin, but I've never played either. Maybe I'll check them out next time I'm in a music store.
Who knows, maybe I'll end up posting a pics of some new guitars Big Grin ...yeah right Wink

Hehe... what if you *borrow* some new guitars to take pictures of...? Big Grin

de_axeman Wrote:Hehe... what if you *borrow* some new guitars to take pictures of...? Big Grin

I like the way youy think!

Big Grin Heh... great minds.... eh?