Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

It's not a robin then?

Just a little shot of kids, amazed by the funny chicken.
Taken from the front it would not have looked right.
[Image: What%20is%20it.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hi NT, I like your peacock...........when I was scroling I saw this crop.....I hope you don't mind. I know this is in snapshot but I didn't like the buildings up the top.........Big Grin

[Image: NT%20copy.jpg]

That's a strange looking turkey.... Is it thanks giving yet? ;D

Russt Wrote:Hi NT, I like your peacock...........when I was scroling I saw this crop.....I hope you don't mind. I know this is in snapshot but I didn't like the buildings up the top.........Big Grin

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...T copy.jpg
Hi Russt. I tried it like that first but it seemed to loose a bit of background. (not a joke) I just don't know how to phrase that. It was taken at an english country house period 1730ish Castle Howard (if you want to google )
That was why I left a tiny bit in, but maybe it doesn't need it.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

EnglishBob Wrote:That's a strange looking turkey.... Is it thanks giving yet? ;D
I wouldn't know Bob, I'm English too.Smile The kids looked totally baffled. Its tight cropped because the mother was part in shot.

Lumix LX5.

NT, if its a point of reference you should leave it in. (now I feel bad I broke the snapshot rule Sad )...........I think its a good shot, without even seening their faces you can tell the kids are intrigued.

1730 Castle Howard that sound interesting........any pics??

cheers

Russt Wrote:NT, if its a point of reference you should leave it in. (now I feel bad I broke the snapshot rule Sad )...........I think its a good shot, without even seening their faces you can tell the kids are intrigued.

1730 Castle Howard that sound interesting........any pics??

cheers
Quite a lot.Big Grin It is a beautiful house and the grounds are huge. A lake at either side of the house makes for stunning views and the area of land it takes is big. There are tall monuments and short ones dotted about. Woods with pheasant and grouse. And I went there to fly a kite.
General view down the box hedge avenue.
[Image: Cas%20H1.jpg]
Two facades, the sky probably blown to get detail.
[Image: Cas%20H3.jpg]
This one of Diana? roman goddess.
[Image: Cas%20H4.jpg]
Part of the fountain at the front of the house, or maybe the back:/
[Image: Cas%20H2.jpg]
Part of one of the lakes looking away from the box hedge.
[Image: Castle%20Howard%20050.jpg]

Lumix LX5.

A quick link to the site and history.
http://www.castlehoward.co.uk/metadot/index.pl

Lumix LX5.

Your first picture is lovely NT, a good example of body language in a picture... I think...
I don't know why I didn't comment before.... :/

That place looks lovely... I like a lot the detail pictures you got from the castle... and that view with the daffodils and the lake is wonderful... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma. I was laying down for that one, to try to get all the carpet of daffodils in. As it was on a slope I had a job getting to my feet.
It is a beautiful estate, as an example when approaching the house you drive down a dead straight road for 5 miles. It goes up and down like a switchback, and at one place you drive through a little arch (like a portcullis gate on a castle) rather narrow and as you go past that, the road goes uphill to an obelisk on a little roundabout.
I may try to put some pics on a little web site, but don't hold your breath.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

NT73 Wrote:Thanks Irma. I was laying down for that one, to try to get all the carpet of daffodils in. As it was on a slope I had a job getting to my feet.
It is a beautiful estate, as an example when approaching the house you drive down a dead straight road for 5 miles. It goes up and down like a switchback, and at one place you drive through a little arch (like a portcullis gate on a castle) rather narrow and as you go past that, the road goes uphill to an obelisk on a little roundabout.
I may try to put some pics on a little web site, but don't hold your breath.Big Grin
Can you see the kites over the trees, in the daffodil shot? That is where we were flying them.

Lumix LX5.

Yes, I can see them..but just because you told me... I like a lot to see that everything is green Smile

It looks wonderful!

Look forward to seeing that web site Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
May 23, 2013, 08:42
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Apr 19, 2013, 08:48