Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

its another sunset

hi all, more sunset pics..........sorry its addictive Big Grin

C&C welcome

[Image: gpoint3%20copy.jpg]

[Image: gpoint4%20copy.jpg]

[Image: gpoint2%20copy.jpg]

Love the sky on the second photo and the person just adds to the drama on #3.
I got one similar, somewhere, I will post it for you! Smile

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

sunsets are always worth trying, because in rare cases they turn out as nice as yours here.
I think I might have liked if the person in #3 was a wee bit darker, so that it would only be a siluet.....

nice!

uli

Great shots - That kind of whispy clouds make for the best sunsets...
The clear reflection in no. 1 looks great but the composition of no. 2 is better.
Im undecided about 'the drama' of the person in the third shot...

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Nice and rich colour russ. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I love the cloudscapes here too. Very nice!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

thanks all for your comments........... Smile

Peto, the CP filter helps....

Uli........I am going to have to check my monitor again now..........thanks Big Grin

Janika, this one is in response to the thinker............."contemplation" Smile Big Grin

thanks again

[Image: gpoint1%20copy.jpg]

these are great . Is the CP filter the only one that you used ? i want to try my hand at some and just happen to have a CP. and if you dont mind what were the camera settings? im just full of questions this morning LOL..

Great job ........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Last ones a stunner. Great shooting. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Nice! I like the way you have included interesting foregrounds - many people ignore that in sunset shots.

Peto, I wasn't going to post that shot........but the more I looked at it the more it grew on me.

Toad, I had that in mind when taking the shots.....thanks

BD,yep only a CP filter, most of the shot were taken at f/11 and around 1/30th with a tripod, iso100. I made sure the exposure was for the sky. This is where its easy with digital.........take a couple of shots check the histogram and adjust the exposure to suit.

In #4 the exposure was 1.5 secs. the water starts to show the effect of the longer exposure. Always when I get home I think what I should have done. In this case I would have liked to take a few shots at around f/16 so as to get a longer exposure time again. oh well something for next time!

Thanks for the info. I need to get out there and get some sunrise/sunset shots . I really like the last one too. I guess i just need to keep playin with it .

Thanks again .............. Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Dec 21, 2014, 11:44