Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I was playing .....

i know that i havent posted many pictures lately , im kind of in a " slump " . But i have been playing with PS ( gotta get better Big Grin ) . And if i ever get a business going ( fingers crossed ) i want to name it Taylor'd Memories . My lat name is Taylor and i thought that it was a good play on words. I have been playing with a Logo and thought that would share it with yall. And feel free to comment on it . I only have 1 so far but i think its a good start . I have seen the same style on a few things but i think its real " classy " . Tell me what you think

............ Shawn

[Image: Black%20Sample%20Logo.jpg]

[Image: Logo%20Sample%20White.jpg]

P.S. i had to do 2 of them because of the colors ( you couldnt see the whole logo ) . The original one is on a invisible background and can be put on almost any color .

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

very swank I like it BD..............and I like the play on your name. Big Grin

my last name is marsh so I guess it would not work for me.........."swamp photography" Big Grin

Looks good, Shawn. The white background is easier to read. This may be a matter of personal preference but I don't think you need the added caption "Photographic Memories". It just seem to be repeating itself to me.

I do like the name though - make sure no one steals it.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

smarti77 Wrote:This may be a matter of personal preference but I don't think you need the added caption "Photographic Memories". It just seem to be repeating itself to me.
I thought the same thing too. But to me it seems to be missing something if its not there .

Thanks for the compliments on the name too . But i cant claim it all to myself ( the wife helped LOL ).

I am plaining on getting a domain name , would that be enough to " save " the name? They dont have a way to " claim " a name here ( in mississippi ) . They told me to look the name up in the phone book and see if it is there . I thought that was kinda foolish.

Thanks again .......... Shawn

p.s . I hope the word " Swank " is a good one WinkBig Grin.

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I like it, and also like the "Wortspiel", personally I prefer the black version, also it is a bit harder to decipher...

uli

I think the black version is much more elegant - but it is harder to read - particulalry on bad monitors. Maybe work on changing the colors / contrast of the text or get rid of the drop shadow. The white is very nice too, but the black is better.

I also would suggest dropping the tag line - not required given your business name...

Thanks Uli and Toad,

I think i will drop the tag line . It does repeat itself , with the name. Like i said before I am just toying with the thought . But i want to be legit if anything does come around .

Thanks Again ......... Shawn

I like the black also. I too would suggest dropping the tag line (just more confirmation for you). What I might suggest to help read the text in the black version is to stroke the lettering with white by half a pixel or so and remove the bevelling possibly.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Nov 13, 2009, 17:49