Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Other People's Snapshots

When I'm at an event and I see people posing for a snapshot, I sometimes shoot their subject from my angle as an educational exercise.
This one had the bonus of a third photographer in the frame.

It's confusing: A photographer shoots a photographer and a different photographer's subjects without shooting the third photographer?
Do any of these people have a snapshot of me?
[Image: kak.photo.ops.jpg]

good job Keith, I like how they are all lined and looking the other way.........it is interesting Wink

Their photo will look pretty good with a backdrop of a dust cart.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Interresting. You get a little information on what type of photographer the one is that's taking the posed shot.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

KeithAlanK Wrote:Do any of these people have a snapshot of me?
You're probably on a surveillance video somewhere.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Very interesting... I think Dad is the photographer of the group.

And I suspect the camera being wielded by the lady in blue/white is a 20D with a 17-85 IS lens on it. Big Grin

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Kombisaurus Wrote:Very interesting... I think Dad is the photographer of the group.

And I suspect the camera being wielded by the lady in blue/white is a 20D with a 17-85 IS lens on it. Big Grin
Most railfan photographers are men, and they drag their family along when something like this old steamer come to visit.
But I bet he was poking around looking for cool detail shots when his wife insisted on the group photo.
I would have been happy to help them out so dad could also be in the frame, but he never asked.

And I was waiting for someone to ID the camera...thanks.

This kind of discussion is why I take photos like this.
There are many things that we as photographers can notice when 'photographers at work' is the subject of a photo, and I find it fascinating.

I have more, but I would also be interested in seeing someone else try their hand at this.
Maybe it would make a good Assignment?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Oct 16, 2012, 07:29
Last Post by matthew
Jun 15, 2011, 18:10
Last Post by Irma
Jun 3, 2011, 07:14