Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home Invasion

I guess I'm glad to be home for my families sake, this morning at 2:30am during the storm we had a burglar or two, I'd say it was two considering what they carried away and the way the chairs were stacked up outside to try and jimmy the glass sliding door, which they didn't get just damaged it.

However they did make it in through the kitchen window and outside that window they stacked the pots from the kitchen sink neatly outside so they didn't wake us up, how thoughtful!

I'm a very light sleeper and I have woken to burglars before but not this time. Thankfully no-one was hurt but they took my camera bag and laptop with them when they left. Thank goodness for insurance!

J

Scary.

It's too bad about the camera and laptop, but when people are willing to break in despite knowing that someone's home, there are worse things that can happen.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

You must furious. Thank god it was just a theft.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Bugger... I'm sorry to hear that Jamie... how totally despicable of them. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm glad that you and the family were safe, but the loss of the camera and laptop must be annoying. I hope you didn't lose any important data?

On a side note, I was actually thinking about this the other day - I back up my data to an external storage drive, but what if burglars swipe my computers and my storage drive? :/

hi

wow, i though that only happens in south africa.

at least you were not hurt and your family is safe. material stuff is replaceble not life.

take care

christian

The laptop only has images on it when I'm out and about, it was conveniently sitting there in its bag waiting for them complete with power supply, mouse etc.

I had some photos of the kids from yesterday on the camera but thats about it. The insurance company has had to pass it onto their claims manager as they don't know if they can pay out the requested value ($23,000 amazing how quick it adds up when you include memory the little bits like memory and filters) on household insurance even though it wasn't undervalued to get a cheaper premium so it may be fun.

The most annoying part is that I have a lot of work lined up because I'm home for another week.

I'm so sorry to hear! It's a good thing you have unsurance, although that can never cover the ideel worth of pictures.... and it's annoying you have to do the paperwork and stuff for it, and you are without your camera!

uli

Hey J,

If you want to borrow some of my gear - no problem. I have a shoot in Sydney on the 1st of June - but you will already be gone by then.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

oh no! Sad at least you are all safe!!!!!!

does it mean a new camera is coming soon? Smile

Horrible thing to Happen J. Glad you didn't hear anything, that's when people can get hurt.

adam Wrote:oh no! Sad at least you are all safe!!!!!!

does it mean a new camera is coming soon? Smile
Yup!

Assuming all goes well with Insurance then the following list;

Canon 5d & 30d
Canon 100-400 L IS
Canon 24-105 L IS
Canon 580EX x 2

Plus all the other bits and pieces.

Awesome... christmas comes early for some! Big Grin

Any need to watch out on ebay for your missing gear?

I have been watching e-bay, I get the feeling it was taken by kids though but the police didn't find any prints and they put black dust all over the place.

Sorry for sounding so cynical, but the police never find anything... they always leave it up to insurance. I know 2 people who went through the same thing, same deal.

Nice replacement kit JamieSmile

Canon stuff.

SJ.....That's a shocker, glad everyone's ok. Fingers crossed that the insurance goes easy!

Did the police clean up after their black-dust-storm? Sad
I hope this whole thing doesn't cause you too much inconvenience!

ooo.. I'm sorry to hear about this SJ Sad

The opportunity to re-purchase your photography gear is only a small consolation to what must be a horrible feeling of having a home invasion like that. Not to mention the inconvenience it causes.

Glad to hear nobody got hurt though... not that I would've been too upset if one of the burglars fell down some stairs of cut themselves on a broken window or something, but I'm glad you and your family are all OK. Smile

I have got loads of work on at the moment ("real" work, not this photography nonsense! hehe) and I'm sure I can lend you some gear if you need it for a week or something to get you out of trouble. Ping me off list if its urgent or else we can sort it out at the Zoo on Sunday.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I had a call this morning, we had visitors again last night. They didn't get into the house but one of the outdoor chairs was up against next doors fence with grass on it and in the back corner on the other side there were boot prints in the garden bed and bent fence ridge capping where they came over. I had a look at Google Earth and tried to figure out their patterns, unfortunately we live quite close to a section of bush with massive power lines running through it that goes quite a distance and I'd say they are using that as their escape route.

ooohhh noooo

uuhmm maybe you should invest in some razor wire? guard dogs? electrified fence? 24 hours armed security?

seriously, maybe one of those motion sensor spot lights?

maybe they saw your famous pics and they thought that a famous model stays in your home?

take care

christian

Man, that's just terrible news Jamie... I hope it gets sorted out...

Did you call the police, and did they do anything?

again?!!?! wow!!!!!! oh dear... thats not good at all! Sad

I'd say time to invest in some video surveillance.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Poor Jamie, I don't know what I would do.Sad

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Oct 2, 2012, 05:19