Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

evening macros(sort of)

Felt I had to include them here as they were taken on the prowl, i.e; without tripod or any usual care. I've used the Tamron 90mm f2.8 handheld often for landscapes, yet normally wouldn't dare for more close-up stuff.
Whether it's because the lens' "sweet spot" marries with the sensor size of the 350D, I dunno, but I find it is my "always on" lens.
[Image: clem.JPG]

[Image: pansies.JPG]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Right on Zig. Love the colour tones and detail of the first.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Truly beautiful, Zig.

The first one looks like a crazy alien thing, but I reckon it makes the shot superb. Simple, yet effective.

Again, #2 is nice - the flowers stand out against the background of the long grass. I think even though the long grass is intermingled along with the subjects, it doesn't intrude into the picture because of the colour contrast.

Both of these are very pleasent Zig - number 2 appeals to me especially (like the interplay of colour).

Canon stuff.

nice shots. I like sort of "simplistic" (in the most positive sense) pics like your first one.
the pink flower in the second makes it exciting to me...

uli

I especially LOVE the second one! I love the colours, which are spot on, the mix of flowers, the way you've graded the focusing and also the way you included the grasses. Nice composition. Cool

All in all a real beauty of a shot imho.

Is that pink flower a variety of Allium?

Pol

Hi Pol; well, I ate one and it tasted oniony, so chances are!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Fogey
Jul 23, 2017, 23:44
Last Post by Fogey
Jul 23, 2017, 04:03
Last Post by Jocko
Jul 14, 2016, 13:17