Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

From the garden...

Hi there! It's been quite a while... I had given up on photography, as the world faded to gray with Irma gone and only sad news from her. Just a few days ago I found the courage to recharge the batteries and venture out, but only to the garden. By coincidence, a few days ago Irma told me that she will be back by the middle of July. When she's back, I expect we will go out more and have some fresh pictures to contribute. Until then, here are some shots from the garden that are very similar to ones I took last year, but they are all new nonetheless.

[Image: img_3611-01.jpg]

[Image: img_3633-01.jpg]

[Image: img_3646-01.jpg]

Thanks to all of you who remembered us, it is much appreciated.

Sorry for being away so long...

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

A grand entrance for your reappearance, G. All of them superb shots. Big Grin

I especially like #1 and # 3.

First shot because you caught the bee face on AND in flight.

Third shot has just about everything. Bird in flight, young one waiting to be fed AND that awesome shadow of the bird on the wall.

It's not so long to the middle of July so I hope the 'grey' starts lifting again very soon for both of you. Time and photography are great healers. Wink

Much love

Polly
xx

Great to see you back !!! Lovely shots G ......

........Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Good shooting G. It's great to see you back. Hope you can find it in yourself to stay around a little more. We all miss you and Irma big time.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Great News G, Irma will be back with you in no time Smile

Great to have you back, G. Love #3

Good to see you back G... and looking forward to Irma's return too. We definitely miss the both of you...

Great detail in those bee shots... fantastic! Big Grin

g'day G, great to see some pics from you again.......welcome back

#3 is a standout for me.........love the shadow!

Good to see you back. Your photo of the bird is a masterpiece of nature photography, composition and wit.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks lads!

I'm not sure if I have deserved such an enthusiastic welcome, but I promise to be a good boy and have a lot of pictures, soon. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I'm a bit late on this, but good to see you anyway, G! And good to hear Irma will be back soon, it's been a while. I hope her mom is getting better.

I love your shot of the birds, the shadow of the one approaching is perfect, great shot.

uli

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 13, 2017, 15:50
Last Post by GrahamS
Nov 1, 2017, 03:56
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 27, 2017, 10:08