Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flannel Flowers

I entered this in a local exhibition, and was awarded a "Highly Commended".....I was so surprised, as it is the first time I have entered any competitions. The Exhibition is at the Hunter Region Botanic Gardens, Heatherbrea, NSW for the month of October.

[Image: IMG_4755comp_1_1.jpg]

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Beautiful texture you have in the petals ... You had very nice light for a white flower..., the composition is lovely... Smile

Great you got an award with this one...

Well deserved it is beautiful picture .. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Very nice composition and the flowers contrast nicely with the back ground. Well done on your win.

Canon stuff.

Congrats on your winning - great shot Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

White flowers are so hard to expose correctly, you have a done a great job. Cool

Did you actually submit a print or was it done electronically? I have been printing up some larger prints lately and it amazing how much better a large print looks compared to the same shot at a smaller size.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Thanks all for the positive comments and encouragement Smile Smile

The lighting was good, it was about 6.15AM with the sun just coming over the trees, the orange highlights in the background is the sun on the grass, thankfully the flowers were in the shade. I did have a play with contrast etc.. but not a lot, it is pretty much straight off the card....

Yes, I did have it printed (8 x12) and mounted with a olive green mat.....looks magic...It is the first I have had printed and the difference was just amazing....

Thanks again Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

lovely shot ABree.........congrats on the award Smile

Great shot!
Nice exposure and pretty flowers.

Congrats.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post