Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Apples second part...

I changed everything trying to make it a bit easier this time... with a dark background and fewer apples... Sorry about the background it is just a bed cover... If my tries succeeded I might buy something better for a backdrop...

Just a bed side table lamp and long exposure...

[Image: IMG_7429-01D.jpg]

Monolight with umbrella

[Image: IMG_7385-01D.jpg]

And this is my autumn collage this year... Smile very different from my last year collage

[Image: IMG_7301-01D.jpg]

Lens: Canon EF24-105mm f/4.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I liked your first effort, reminded me of one of Australia's great artists Margaret Olley. She is famous for painting fruit and flowers, I know she paints but her compositions might give you some ideas for your photographs. Go to
http://www.savill.com.au/olleym.html and see what you think. You can Google Margaret Olley to find more of her fruit paintings.

BTW thanks for adding details of lense etc.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

This is great Pat... Wonderful work of Margaret Olley... and yes... definitely it opens a lot my idea of what I was thinking...

I love to have a project specially when winter is around the corner ...

Paul Cezanne

I like #1 very much - the black background, and lighting angle give it a Dutch Masters feel - the way that they used partial illumination of the scene and darkness as a backdrop.

Example: http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=ht...D%26sa%3DN

The incandescent light makes the scene feel very warm and inviting, even if it makes the white balance seem slightly yellow. I think it works for these shots.

I like #1 better than #2 because it has a more 3D arrangement and slightly deeper DOF. It also has a much more dramatic lighting ratio - deeper shadows on one side...

#3 is different but equally delightful - so much to look at, excellent processing, and an excellent POV.

Really nice work Irma - nice to see you experimenting with this further.

Thanks Toad for your comment... and the link to see the painting... I am very happy you like the picture... I was reading about flat light and all... still I think I need to practice more... I will buy some new clothes to use as backdrops...

In all these pictures I worked with an action called Draganizer... Have you heard about it?... It is amazing!!! I like a lot what you can do with this..

Here are some pictures and from here you download it...

Paul Cezanne

I love number 3 Irma - it just needs to be a little warmer I think. It feels too much like winter with the cool white balance.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Chris for your comment and advice... Smile

I did it like this... Do you like it better?? Smile

[Image: IMG_7301-01Dw.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Hi Irma,

Sorry about not replying - I have been quite unwell. Better now though.

Yes - I do like it better now.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesMal
Apr 5, 2016, 12:29
Last Post by nia
Aug 31, 2010, 05:59
Last Post by Irma
Nov 8, 2006, 14:33