Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Huai Nan

Hello everyone,

How is everyone??

I apologize for my long silence, didn't really have internet at home, and wasn't taking any decent pictures anyway for a while.

As planned, my significant other and I moved to China for his job now. I arrived 5 days ago, we are in a town near Nan Jing if anyone has heard of that, a 2h flight west of Shanghai. If I am not mistaken, I am now actually in a similar timezone to you guys down under, am I not?

Huai Nan is very industrial and quite provincial, even though it has around 2 million people and 3 different "Universities".

You can check out what I am doing and see some pics at

http://ulrikenews.blogs.friendster.com/c...pressions/

And today you will be the first to view this brand new picture, just now taken in a market road in Huai Nan!

[Image: _MG_5323Hühnerkochsm.jpg]

I hope you are all well and happily snapping away,

Uli

Hi Uli, it's good to hear from you. You certainly have been moving around a lot -- it sounds like quite an adventure. Thanks for the link to your blog, too. The stories are great, and the photos are really good, too. You're making me want to travel.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Hey Uli, long time no hear! It's really great to know that you and your partner are well - and in China too! Wow!

Please do post photos from there - I've always wanted to see more of that country. There must be photo ops a plenty too!

How are you adjusting so far?

Hey Uli! Great shot. Can't wait to see more from your travels.

Good to hear from you again Uli and I enjoyed reading you blog.

Canon stuff.

Irma made me think of posting this one for you:

[Image: _MG_5250_boot%20neu.jpg]

It was taken at a park here in town, the Dragon Park.
It's an amusement park with some installations, but also a public space that many locals come to hang out at, walk their birds (yes they do!), play Ma-Yong or Chinese Chess, juggle, do Tai Chi.....
And some people use the park's lake for fishing, both angling and putting out nets.
This shot was taken at dusk, and I like its atmosphere a lot.

It is only one kind of impression I get of this place, that yes it is very peaceful in many ways. but also a very industrial and busy city, I'll try to post regularly. And feel free of course to visit my blog, where I make sure I post a picture every day.

Good to be back, and I see there is plenty of shuttertalking going on!

Uli

I like this shot. It is similar to examples of sumi-e ink painting, where you get large expanses of white paper and a few dark brush strokes.

Lovely shots in the town, which remind me of Hong Kong. (The chickens wandering about.)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post