Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Night fishing...

Difficult to make a picture like this one when I don't live near a harbour and I don't know anything about fishing boats... Sad My doubt here is about light in the boat... I have worked some lights but you don't see them much since the boat is too small in the whole picture... Do you think it can be alone without light?

Thanks so much for your comments and advice... Smile

[Image: IMG_1889-01.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma - I like this image as it is. The wide ocean puts the small boat into perspective with the surrounds. I like the plain sillouette of the boat in the reflected moonlight. I don't think you need any lights on the boat...The composition and contrast in this image is strong. It looks like it was taken from a very high perspective?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I think this one would be a really good candidate for blowing up and hanging in a gallery, where people would be able to stare into the serenity and contemplate the meaning of life or something or rather... Big Grin

Thanks so much you two for your kind comments... Smile

This was taken in the sunrise... but as the color was not so nice, and the landscape was a bit hazy, but I liked a lot... Smile I stored it thinking that one day I would come up with a special pp for this picture....

Yes Smarti, It was taken from this chalky cliff with my 180mm macro lens... Smile I wanted it to be really sharp... Wink

[Image: IMG_1585-01.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

I can see why you would like to incorporate some lights - but it doesn't really need them. The boat is sufficiently highlighted by the moonlight.

What this photo cries out for is SIZE, though. I think its impact would be greatly strengthened by seeing it at a larger size - the larger the better. Great capture!

Thanks Toad for your comment...

Here is a bigger image... Half of the original size... ( more than 1200k.)

Paul Cezanne

Irma,
I keep looking at this shot...simple yet it brings satisfaction... I agree with the others... blow it up and let ppl just lose thereselves in thought. God Bless
In Christ,
Brad

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1Peter 1:16

The feeling of space and the reflections on the water is calming....well taken

Sharon

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

So much better in large, Irma. Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jjford43
Aug 14, 2016, 00:00
Last Post by Jocko
Aug 5, 2016, 11:51