Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Personality Type & Photography?

I was sent this personality type test by my wife, which took literally 1 minute to do but the results were quite interesting.

It got me thinking - is a particular personality type or personality trait better suited to producing better photographers? Big Grin

I'm interested to see what type everyone else is, and I'm also interested to know whether you think your personality type affects the way you approach photography...

http://www.personalitytype.com/quiz.asp

I'm an ISTP by the way (Introvert, Sensor, Thinker, Perceiver)
Quote:People of this type tend to be: logical, pragmatic, and matter of fact; quiet, unassuming, and autonomous; realistic, pragmatic, and aloof; impulsive and curious about the physical world; flexible and resourceful; objective and unemotional.

The most important thing to ISTPs is the freedom to act independently and follow their impulses.
It's quite funny that they mention "computer programmer" and "software developer" as great careers for ISTP's so I'm not far off (I'm in IT). They also mention "commercial artist" so hm... maybe there might be a future in photography for me.. Big Grin

Anyway, do it, post your result and tell us what you think! Big Grin

Interesting and about right on. The jobs they have listed a couple that I would be interested in..lol

Life as an ENFP
(Extravert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be: enthusiastic, talkative, and outgoing; clever, curious, and playful; deeply caring, sensitive, and gentle; highly innovative, creative, optimistic, and unique; adaptable and resourceful but sometimes disorganized.

The most important thing to ENFPs is freedom to see possibilities, make connections, and be with a variety of people.

Life as an INTP
(Introvert, Intuitive, Thinker, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be: quiet, independent, and private; logical and unemotional; creative, ingenious, and innovative, global thinkers; curious and driven to increase their competence; casual, and adaptive; nonconforming and unpredictable.

I'm an independent global thinker who is logical and nonconforming. I'd make a really good neurologist or venture capitalist. Failing that, I can be a musician.

Apparently I'm completely spun.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I believe this kind of suit my personality
Police officer ?
Lorraine

Life as an ISTJ
(Introvert, Sensor, Thinker, Judger)

People of this type tend to be: cautious, conservative, and quiet; literal, realistic, and practical; careful and precise; logical, honest, and matter of fact; resistant to change and comfortable with routine; hard working and responsible.

The most important thing to ISTJs is being of service, working hard, and being responsible.

I am the same as Lorraine:

(Introvert, Sensor, Thinker, Judger)

Lorraine - Did you notice that we are NOT creative, artistic, clever or innovative....
I think we should give up on photography now, lets be realistic!

Funny about the police officer suggestion though....

Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

lol @ Shane... Big Grin

Hi Shane
All I know is when I'm tring to be creative I have to work very hard at it.Guess that's why
Lorraine

I guess im the odd ball ( again ) Im a ESTP , but to be honest i have 2 different pesonalities, ( sp ) . i tend to get quiet around new people , but watch out if we have met before LOL .

Life as an ESTP
(Extravert, Sensor, Thinker, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be: active, adventurous, and impulsive; talkative and curious; casual, adaptive, and free spirited; logical and calm but capable of great humor, fun, and charm; observant and totally present in the moment, literal and practical.

The most important thing to ESTPs is the freedom to have fun and to fully experience life in the here and now.

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Interesting. The one problem is that the descriptions of the choices don't necessarily make a consistent package. I had to chose on the basis of whether i had more of the elements from one option than the other.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

The test is actually a very extensive one - this is just a real cut down version of it. I have done it a few times - one was over a 100 questions and the other about 25.

I will have to look up my old results and compare them to this.

Canon stuff.

Life as an ISFJ
(Introvert, Sensor, Feeler, Judger)

People of this type tend to be: cautious, gentle, and thoughtful; hesitant until they know people well then affectionate and caring; very literal and aware of the physical world; uncompromising about personal standards and easily offended; diligent and conscientious, organized and decisive.

The most important thing to ISFJs is living a stable, predictable life and helping people in real ways.

haha!!

i did that when i had to go thru Pre-marriage counselling classes....
wife and i were quite diff on a few occasions...

ahha.... thank God we are diff :p

Looking for a thread where we were discussing about critique .... I found this!! Smile

I am a ENFP

(Extravert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be: enthusiastic, talkative, and outgoing; clever, curious, and playful; deeply caring, sensitive, and gentle; highly innovative, creative, optimistic, and unique; adaptable and resourceful but sometimes disorganized.

The most important thing to ENFPs is freedom to see possibilities, make connections, and be with a variety of people.

In some things I think they are right... specially in "sometimes disorganized"... Big Grin

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

irma, i don't think I even have to take the test, must be the same as you Smile

I'm an ISFJ (Introvert, Sensor, Feeler, Judger).

Also, i'm studying Psychology, so I might steal this idea in the future for a research thesis - "is there an 'artistic personality'?" (if that's okay with shuttertalk, of course).

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

An Olympus forum that I'm on has done a version of this, and the results look nothing like the general population. When you look at the number of factors that go into the self-selecting respondents, it looks like there might be an "Internet Niche Camera Forum Contributing Personality Test Taker" personality type.

[Image: 4xo0wfr.jpg]

On a side note, I've now taken this profiling test three times in the past six months, and gotten slightly different answers each time. (INTP, ISTJ, INTJ.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Hmm on that quick one I'm an ENTP but its far too much based on your own judgement, I can't remember what I was when I took the full test on the net many years ago but it was rather different. Be worth finding the full version to complete.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
May 21, 2017, 10:52