Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My grand-niece

I was just doodling really and trying to get her not posing for the camera. Difficult with a 13 year old. I haven't put it in critique but you can pull it to bits if you wish.
Especially Pat.Smile
#1 I have altered the colour a little, and cropped
#2 Cropped but colour as came from camera
Both taken indoors with room lighting only..50mm f1.8
[Image: 32_Christmas%202006%20087.jpg][Image: 75_Christmas%202006%20099.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Would have liked a different coloured background, but I like Tongue am still trying to pin down my daughter for another shot, however she keeps disappearing down to the beach every day Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

I like the second one, but I think it is a bit too warm. I would work a bit with white balance.
Beautiful girl your niece Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I think #2 has more interest, as it seems to have more of a *story* to it. The pose and expression say more to me.

I agree that the white balance needs a tweak.

Thanks Pat, Irma and Toad. Hows that. Bit creamy now. :/
The room is very beige type colour and small. We had had our xmas lunch and were getting ready to play board games.
Amber was more interested in beating me at 'Connect 4' When I point a camera at her she poses, and beams, which with braces doesn't look too good. So I tried the looking up and away shot. She is very tall and to get a full length shot I had to go to the top of the staircase. I didn't want it to look like a glamour shot though and was trying to capture the child still in her.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

well captured NT, I think you've done a great job on #2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Apr 27, 2012, 19:16
Last Post by nia
Feb 11, 2010, 04:15