Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crack under my feet!

Well, today we had a nice day again and I decided to wonder out with my WA lens to shoot some snowy landscape images. Went down to the river and I found water flowing, but some spots frozen up in snow and ice, especially around the trees. It was hard to tell where is ground and where is ice surface, as it's covered with snow. I tried not to get too close to the water.
As I was walking around I could hear my steps in the snow and at one moment the sound of my step became ever hollow. I look down and a big crack under my feet. Nothing moved, so that was good sign. I slowly backed up towards the shore and cleared from the area. Shusss! here are some images of this place. Enjoy and comment as you wish...

John

[Image: Feb-26-2007-013.jpg]

[Image: Feb-26-2007-016.jpg]

See the crack
[Image: Feb-26-2007-020.jpg]

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

I like #1 - I feel the flow and ebb...

Oh! My God! This is so dangerous.... I don't like people walking in the frozen lakes... I am always so afraid, that a hole is open and they are swallowed by the freezing water... Sad

Your pictures are great, very beautiful colors. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

This is amazing John - snow in our wilderness is such a foreign concept - it's very beautiful and breathtaking...

Thanx guys and Irma. I am starting to like this lens (Sigma 17-70 DC) Figured I go down before it all melts away. Smile

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Totally amazing - I feel just like ST.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post