Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anasazi

[Image: Anasazi.jpg]

Love it!!
Splendid work with textures... lots of details!! Very creative compostion. Very beautiful colors.

Inspires me to continue trying with textures.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Very nice indeed Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Purple, pink & silver. Just blends together. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks people - I actually took this shot about 3 years ago in Arizona, and for some reason ignored it - saw it again today, and though I would spruce it up a little bit. The magenta / pink / silver colors are quite accurate. This is a cliff dwelling on the Navajo reservation.

Note the petroglyph on the canyon wall near the chimney...

Cool! How long ago were those dwellings used and/or abandoned?

shuttertalk Wrote:Cool! How long ago were those dwellings used and/or abandoned?
Difficult for me to date - but the civilization that built them flourished from about the 4th century AD to the 13th century.

beautiful indeed! what colors...!

are you giving away any of your processing?

Uli

wulinka Wrote:beautiful indeed! what colors...!

are you giving away any of your processing?

Uli
Sure - what do you want to know? The most significant piece of processing is to apply a level change and then fade it back to 70% in "color" mode.

There are some other odds and ends as well - quite a bit of selective curves work - and some use of the Highlights/Shadows control...and oh yes - I applied a light Sandstone texture over everything and then faded that back to 15% - so it is *almost* invisible.

That is mostly just enhancing work though...the colors and textures were already pretty amazing.

But I think that much to do with having a great texture in this kind of photographs is the light you had or the right exposure? I have seen that with hard light you good texture (given by the shadows) but also the colors are blown out.

I like your picture and post processing because it shows, a lot of texture but the colors are not blown out, you have a lot of gradientes here (detail in the color as well)....

Thanks a lot for sharing your post processing.

I had to admit that yesterday I thought it was an image composed by more than one picture, but I was puzzled, how you did the tree... The place is wonderful...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:I had to admit that yesterday I thought it was an image composed by more than one picture, but I was puzzled, how you did the tree... The place is wonderful...
I would have considered this too false looking for a multiple exposure, but because it is a *real* single exposure, I am happy to show it. Thanks very much. It is a very amazing place.

[edit] I don't know why that tree is the color it is - maybe it is diseased or dead or some strange species - but it is pretty amazing. I can't believe that I never paid any attention to this shot before

What kind of level change you mean?
The rock in the background looks amazingly brilliant to me, did it look quite like this in the original?

uli

wulinka Wrote:What kind of level change you mean?
The rock in the background looks amazingly brilliant to me, did it look quite like this in the original?

uli
I'm embarrassed to say - it was "Auto Levels" followed by a fade-back. The wall was brilliant like that...

great shot really.

Very cool. With the size of the rock face in the back it all looks like a model. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images