Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some soccer

Here are a few from the tournament that i shot this weekend . after shooting around 30 different games i feel a lot more confident in shooting sports . I had a great time .

Any C/C is welcome . Thanks ..

The only editing done on these was some cropping , and resizing .

1 [Image: _MG_5319.jpg]

2 [Image: _MG_5402.jpg]

3 [Image: _MG_5483.jpg]

4 [Image: _MG_6110.jpg]

5 [Image: _MG_6217.jpg]

Thanks ..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

There's something about freezing athletes in mid-action - some shots can be breathtaking (like #1), and some can be downright hillarious - like #3 - they look like they're trying to breakdance...

Nice captures, Shawn...

Whereabouts were you standing? I wonder what's the best position on the field for sports photography...

Thanks ST ,

My wife was getting a kick ( no pun intended ) out of seeing there expressions too. I think thats the only reason she watches me " proof " my shots LOL .

I had full field access so i could go anywhere i wanted . some people like to stay by the goal , and others on the corners , me i like to follow the ball as much as i can . I also like to get shots from my knees , but there was a "creast " at the top of each field , for draining , so that made it hard to get all the shots i wanted . It was a great time out there .

........ Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Great shots Shawn. No wires no distractions just good action pics. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

This are geat pictures Shawn... Smile
I can see that your training, shooting soccer last weekend, was very useful. I like all your pictures.
You did very well with light and shadows #1, and the black uniforms, very nice detail as well. I can think that it wasn't so easy...
The ball in #4!! Amazing as well...

Congratulations... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks NT and Irma ,

Yes the practice did help me a lot .
Im glad you like #4 Irma , the whole day i was hoping for a shot like that one . It is very hard to get the timing right for it.

....... Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Banded Drake
May 29, 2007, 04:47
Last Post by Petographer
May 24, 2006, 08:43
Last Post by NT73
May 6, 2006, 03:58