Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grr... ISO settings, etc. :D

Don't you just hate it when you've spent a day shooting and you realise that you've been using ISO 1600 in broad daylight, because you forgot to set it back from the indoor graduation ceremony you attended the day before? Big Grin

*sigh*... time to break out the noise removal tools! Big Grin

Anyone done that before? What do you all do to avoid situations like these? Do you religiously check your settings before shooting in every situation? Or do you chimp once in a while to make sure nothing is amiss?

happenes every now and then, but to be honest I notice after a couple of shots because I DO chimp,

Did you really shot the "whole day" and not notice??
also, I have somewhat of a routine to check my settings, only takes split seconds and I almost don't know that I am doing it anymore.

Been there, done that. 75 overexposed and noisy white water rafting shots.

The nice thing about the Rebel 400 over the 300 is the fact that the iso setting is right there n the display so it is much harder to miss.

I happened to me, I took all day long in a sunny day my pictures of flowers with iso 800. G changed the iso at night and he forgot to put it back.... Still I think I was kind of sabotage... :/

I've been plaing a lot with my iso settings lately, now it is difficult not to check what iso I am working with.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Occasionally......Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I took a bunch of photos for work n Sunday at the 1600x1200 "SQ" quality setting, instead of using the full 8MP raw setting.... fortunately I caught it in time to reshoot them without anyone noticing.

I also shot at some wildly inappropriate manual tungsten balance on a cloudy day last week. All I can say is that raw is my friend.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Its frustrating alright, but it rarely happens nowadays. Iv learned to check the settings in the VF. Smile

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Uli: yeah, I didn't notice. With my D50, the ISO setting doesn't show up on the LCD or viewfinder - you have to specifically press the dedicated button to check/change it. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post